Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Help Finding Old Universal Studios Promo Video?

Jul 10, 2017
Hello, I've been trying my hardest to find this old promotional video for Universal Studios (and by that old, I mean like 14 years at the oldest). I believe they played it while you were entering the park (like, it was by the shops that were near the parking lot, and it wasn't citiwalk).

I believe that there was not a guy talking, and there was some really cool music. I remember it showed Shrek falling out of the middle of that explosion from Shrek 4D, and I believe it showed something from the Mummy ride? If someone could help me find it, that would be great!

@CowMissing is probably the man for the job.

Thanks, Scott! :)

StanDaMan809: So this played inside the park or used on television for advertisements purposes? Was this at Universal Studios Hollywood or Orlando? How long was the video?

Here are a few promotional videos:

Universal Orlando Resort Travel Commercial Overview:

Universal Orlando Resort - Promotional Video (2009):

Universal Studios Theme Parks | TV Commercial (1999) [SD]:

Universal Studios Hollywood | Shrek 4-D | TV Commercial:

Universal Studios Hollywood "Inside Movies" Commercial (2005):

Last edited:

This one has to be my favorite. Love the intro and the music.

^^^^ maybe this one. No voice over, shrek explosion, and mummy.

Thanks, Scott! :)

StanDaMan809: So this played inside the park or used on television for advertisements purposes? Was this at Universal Studios Hollywood or Orlando? How long was the video?

Here are a few promotional videos:

Universal Orlando Resort Travel Commercial Overview:

Universal Orlando Resort - Promotional Video (2009):

Universal Studios Theme Parks | TV Commercial (1999) [SD]:

Universal Studios Hollywood | Shrek 4-D | TV Commercial:

Universal Studios Hollywood "Inside Movies" Commercial (2005):

I'm not too sure if it was used on TV for advertising, I believe the video was quite short, it was at Universal Orlando, and the video was in the form of a montage, if I recall correctly.

I'm not too sure if it was used on TV for advertising, I believe the video was quite short, it was at Universal Orlando, and the video was in the form of a montage, if I recall correctly.

At various times USH & UO would share footage of their respective attractions and use that in their own branded videos, either in-park or for advertising purposes. This might be hard to track down especially for it's age. I have close to 500+ UO & USH specific videos on my YouTube channel. You can look through there as I think I have one of the most complete list of (higher quality) UP&R videos on YouTube.

"Shrek 4D Promotional Universal Studios Orlando".... Okay, it's clearly for USH not UO.

Here's the same spot without the studio guide intro, which was shot at the Globe Fountain at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Universal Studios Hollywood "Shrek 4-D" TV Commercial:

Nope, it's for USO. I've never been to USH before in my life. I thought I had clarified, but I guess I didn't, and I am sorely sorry. Like I said, it was in the form of a montage of multiple rides, and from what I can recall, the only footage from Shrek 4D was Shrek falling out of the explosion between the two dragons. It also showed the Terminator (I believe) skull popping outside towards the theater, and I believe it showed some fire from the mummy ride. And I'm not sure on this detail, but I remember there being no narrator. I hope this clarified.

EDIT: if this helps, It was still being played around 2006 - 2011(?) I can't remember the precise year.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but holy crap I know the exact video you're talking about and I've been trying to find it for months now.

I like the one shown before Babe: Pig in the City on video... Spider-Man and Doc Ock fight it out 5 years before Spider-Man 2... it was to advertise Islands of Adventure, and you bet your ass I would convince my family to go down there for vacation had I been a '90s kid... (I honestly feel like a '90s kid even though I was born in '02...)