Help me get 6 kids through Universal | Inside Universal Forums

Help me get 6 kids through Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 15, 2015
Hello Everyone! Planning my first trip and came across this site can I get some help on my touring please?

The Date is June 14 - 9am -8pm

Group My wife and me and 6 kids - ages 12, 12 10, 10, 8 and 2 

After deciding which rides we wanted to experience with the kids my wife and I came to the game plan below.

1) Jurassic park - Wife will be skipping and waiting with the baby and I will be riding with all the kids

2) Shrek 4D - Wife will be skipping and waiting with the baby and I will be riding with all the kids

3) The minions ride - Wife will be skipping and waiting with the baby and I will be riding with all the kids

4) The Mummy- I will be skipping and waiting with the baby and wife will be riding with all the kids

5) The Simpsons - I will be skipping and waiting with the baby and wife will be riding with all the kids

6) Transformers - will be split girls on one ride boys on another

7) Studio Tour - Also will be split between girls and boys the group waiting could possibly eat.

In no way is that the order we were thinking but was wondering if someone can give insight on how to do this. We plan on being and eating breakfast at Dennys around 7am and getting to the park at 8:30am with preferred parking.

Also forgot to mention that if there is anytime at the end we will try to do rides that someone may have missed through the first run

Welcome to the forums!! 

My suggestion would be to get the lower lot over with first. Universal also suggests this as well. Wait times are usually not that long in the morning. Then hit the upper lot after. If possible, try getting on rides during noon time. Wait times will slightly go down because people are getting lunch. 

Jurassic Park is sometimes closed in the morning due to cold weather. So if it's closed, come back later in the day. 

IMO, the studio tour is best during the day because it's more fun with many people. In my experience, it feels very rushed in the morning. 

One more thing, DO NOT MISS WATERWORLD. Amazing show and nice way to cool off during the day. If your wife can attend, she can always sit near the top so that she doesn't get wet.  There are flyers in the park to let you know showtimes. I suggest getting to Waterworld about 15-20 min early. 

Same thing goes for Special Effects and Animal Actors. There will be showtimes listed and get there 15-20 mins early.  

If you plan to dine in Springfield, then I warn you that they are still in soft openings so service might not be up to par yet. 

Good luck!

P.S. Also, I forgot another thing. Transformers, Mummy, Jurassic Park, Simpsons, and Despicable Me all have "child switch" options. Meaning that your wife and the girls wait in a room with your baby and they ride right after you and the boys ride. Simple and fast. 

Thanks for the reply! 

I had some more questions that came up reading on this site!

For the child swap feature can only 1 person wait? I mean since we have 6 kids 5 of which that will get on the rides can I wait with the baby and two other kids while the wife gets on the ride and when she is done I get on with the two kids that waited?

I'm planning Sunday June 14th and was wondering if it would make more sense (crowd wise) to switch it with disneyland and go to universal on Monday the 15th so that we can ensure we get on all the rides?

Thanks! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: techmaniac16
Thanks for the reply! 

I had some more questions that came up reading on this site!

For the child swap feature can only 1 person wait? I mean since we have 6 kids 5 of which that will get on the rides can I wait with the baby and two other kids while the wife gets on the ride and when she is done I get on with the two kids that waited?

I'm planning Sunday June 14th and was wondering if it would make more sense (crowd wise) to switch it with disneyland and go to universal on Monday the 15th so that we can ensure we get on all the rides?

Thanks! 
I never tried to child switch option before. But my gut says that Universal will let you wait with multiple kids.

Since you will be going in June, I don't think it will matter much. Most kids are out of school already. Both parks are in heavy competition and they will both be packed. Maybe Sunday will be slightly more packed, but like I said it probably wouldn't matter. 

Last edited by a moderator: