Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - Construction Thread

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
So, been an odd one. ;)

For those who were on OU last year, @Brian G. setted up a construction thread primarily on the work going on for Halloween Horror Nights last year. And that as we are about 25 days from the event starting for Hollywood; now would be a good time to set up the Construction Thread for Halloween Horror Nights '17.

To start, from InsideUniversal themselves, they got photos of the work of the Titans of Terror maze and the unannounced maze located at the Parisian Courtyard.

Here are the construction photos I've taken from yesterday. Not really a lot of progress on the Blumhouse facade, didn't get to check out the other construction from that maze. I got up close to The Shining exit since there was a super long wait line for The Mummy and the hedge maze finale will re-use the soft snow flooring that was used in Krampus last year, but that's really no surprise. It didn't look like snow was added onto the hedge leaves yet.

I could see one of the rooms being entirely black walls with a flash going off and a scare actor as Andrew Logan King just coming at you. That'd be fun.

Better hear Lil Rel's narrations too haha!

I could see one of the rooms being entirely black walls with a flash going off and a scare actor as Andrew Logan King just coming at you. That'd be fun.

Better hear Lil Rel's narrations too haha!
I could see them using a blue light tunnel (the effect from FvJ and Krampus, not the one from TitE 3D) for The Sunken Place and a TV directly under the spotlight playing a looping clip of the hypnosis tea cup. Maybe at the end of the hallway is the deer skeleton puppet from the deleted scene popping out.

I'm going to really be disappointed if I don't see Walter with a chopping ax in either Hollywood's or Orlando's version. I'm going to be even more disappointed if I don't hear either "Sikiliza Kwa Wahenga" or "Run Rabbit Run" playing during the queue.

About when do we usually start seeing decorations/props around the park? I can't remember from past years.

It's starting one day earlier..

If I remember correctly IU started to see lighting go up in late August to very early September and actual Gauntlet/ scare zone set-up started the second week of September. So actually a good estimate to start to see scare zone scene will be the second week of September.

:topic:

"Titans of Terror" facade has started to get some scenic!!! This is clearly a "Happy Halloween" banner. I'm not sure how I feel about this since it is supposed to be an uber fan's home haunt. Its seems too "playful" for someone who is going to suffer (and make us suffer) nightmares filled with Freddy, Jason & Leatherface. :shrug:
gL3udUr.jpg

I'm expecting a cheesy, classic 8 year old kid's home haunt. It's where all haunters start. With some store bought decorations, bright orange pumpkins and ghost white skeletons hung up around your yard in a ver playful, yet creepy manor.
It's honestly where I started.

I'm sure there will be gravestones with famous slasher names on them. (horror fan easter egg heaven)

Then we know there will be thunder and lightning FX.

Well I see I wasn't the only one briefly at the park today haha

Urban Inferno
ljAice0.jpg

Other than this, there really wasn't anything "new"... I'm sure that will change by next week.