Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Stranger Things

I’m not even remotely shocked about this announcement. But what does surprise me is that they’re doing seasons 2 & 3. I assumed they would’ve taken advantage of the IP and made as much Stranger Things mazes as possible. I liked the first one, it had great set pieces and the whole atmosphere was handled phenomenally but it was pretty light on scares. Maybe with all the crazy puppets they might make (demodogs, the new monster from S3) it’ll be much scarier.

WTF WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN HOLY S$^T!!!! WHAT A SUPRISE I DIDNT KNOW THEY WOULD DO 2 AND 3!
Edit: I knew it happen but season 3 too? Holy hell now thats awesome

Really really excited to see the demodogs on the bus, mindflayer underground, the S3 monster, and Possesed Will. Looking foward to this year. Cant wait to see how they'll do the mall scene (Cause it looks like the monster shows up at the mall at the end of the S3 trailer)
Maybe will get Billy vs Steve scene.

I definitely did not like Stranger Things opening weekend.
On closing weekend, it was AWESOME. I hope they return with the same energy and scares.
Not sure why they're doing both seasons, hopefully that means the maze is even bigger in scale.
If it returns to a soundstage, at least give us a freakin' facade this time, that's all I ask!!!

You guys think this is going to be the budget house. Since its including season 3, and season 3 has...this
69-1553099562910-br-1553106712433_1280w.png

Last edited:
Info from Q&A:
- Is going in SS29

- Has a crazy amount of Special effects

- Should be a much darker maze

- Is heavily based on Season 2 with a bonus section at the end for Season 3.

- There will be a 80s Music Playlist for the Queue.

- They are doing the Ash falling down effect from last year a bit differently.

- There's a good chance there will be a Pumpkin Patch full of smelly pumpkins

- "Poor Bob" in response to Bob being in the maze

- ST is not the Giveaway maze this year.

- "It starts at the beginning of the story we’re telling"

- "Demodogs, Mind Flayer...other things you don’t know about"

- They are trying to make it scarier.

Last edited:
I didn't really enjoy last year's maze but I'm glad to hear they are trying to change the Upside Down effect and make it scarier and overall make it different than last year's bleh maze.

Season 2 has a lot to work with and S3 don't know yet but having a tease at the end is cool. I'm moderately excited for it and I'm hoping for a True Stranger Things maze this time around.

What I would really love to see them address is the light leakage. They should put a curtain over that opening or something because the light leakage really hurt the maze last year.
Nah... not necessary. They just need to learn how to properly use a soundstage for a maze. A curtain would possibly help with any "2 hours of daylight", but the bigger issue last year's maze had was how poorly it utilized the space inside that soundstage. The queue set up was awkward AF for entering & exiting. They used SS747 better than SS29

You can't compare waittimes from a previous year because its very hit or miss. IF this year's maze just happens to be a lot better & actually scarier (like Murdy is claiming), then it could attract more attention. The waittime will definitely not be as bad as Orlando's waittimes.

You can't compare waittimes from a previous year because its very hit or miss. IF this year's maze just happens to be a lot better & actually scarier (like Murdy is claiming), then it could attract more attention. The waittime will definitely not be as bad as Orlando's waittimes.
crap didn't realize I clicked the recent posts for hollywood on the sidebar.

gonna revive this thread real quick. how do you guys think they'll do that season 3 monster? i can't see it being an AWIL type animatronic due to it being more of a blob, so i imagine it being like the truck scares.

gonna revive this thread real quick. how do you guys think they'll do that season 3 monster? i can't see it being an AWIL type animatronic due to it being more of a blob, so i imagine it being like the truck scares.
I’d love to see some kind of puppet or something new, I hope they incorporate new scares on this house especially this year because last years was too predictable.