Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 2021: Haunting of Hill House

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal has announced that the popular Netflix series, The Haunting of Hill House, will be featured as a haunted house at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights!

Last edited:
a311c7dbdae5595ee7993dae0a65574a.gif

After Us in 2019, I really hope Hollywood can avoid the black transitions and actually build a thematically cohesive attraction worthy of the IP.

After Us in 2019, I really hope Hollywood can avoid the black transitions and actually build a thematically cohesive attraction worthy of the IP.
Theory: Netflix wasn’t happy with HHNH’s iterations of ST so now they’re making them spend more money to avoid black walls. In turn, the budget for the other houses will have been stripped, which is why this year will suck.

Q&A Info:
- "That’s a cool part of the show. There’s a bit of an illusion to them in one scene" in response to if the Background ghosts will be in the Maze.

- Just Hill House for the maze. No Bly Manor.

- "Yes I saw it when it first came out. Scenically it reminded me a bit of Crimson Peak from 2015. This is probably the closest thing we’ve done to that type of maze. I thought it was an excellent show. Obviously a maze is a different interpretation."

- Hill House is in a Tent.

- "Bent Neck Lady, Tall Man (Bowler Hat Man)...lots of other ghosts." to what ghosts will be in the Maze.

- "It’s kind of the same challenge as Crimson Peak. When I first saw that film I knew it was going to be hard to replicate the house due to it’s scale. But Chris and team has done some really beautiful work." to favorite part of doing Hill House.

- "Bent Neck Lady is pretty crazy and the way we’re doing it is a total science project. But I think it will be cool. I also rather like Poppy. She’s creepy as Hell" to Favorite Character in the Maze.

- "It’s definitely a paranormal maze because that’s the show but we did try and balance that with scares. It is heavy on atmosphere kind of like Crimson Peak in 2015" to is the House gonna focus on Atmosphere to match the Show or will it focus on being scary with Jumpscares.

- "The sets remind me of that kind of effort. Chris has done a good job recreating them" to is this maze similar to Crimson Peak in scale?

- "Switches back and forth like the show" to "Will this be a direct adaption of the season or will it just be focused on a certain time period?"

- "Yes in some cases" to "Will there be multiple versions of some of the ghosts? Like their normal vs decayed looks?"

- Poppy's Decayed Look will be in the Maze.

Last edited:
Guess I finally have to force myself to watch more than 1.5 episodes of this show. I know everyone loves it, but I found it incredibly dull. Hopefully my tastes have changed since then.

Guess I finally have to force myself to watch more than 1.5 episodes of this show. I know everyone loves it, but I found it incredibly dull. Hopefully my tastes have changed since then.

I also watched 2 episodes or so and tapped out the first time - and I'm a fan of Flanagan. I eventually revisited it once it became acclaimed, and I'm really glad I did. Once you get past the first couple episodes, it takes off and doesn't stop.

I also watched 2 episodes or so and tapped out the first time - and I'm a fan of Flanagan. I eventually revisited it once it became acclaimed, and I'm really glad I did. Once you get past the first couple episodes, it takes off and doesn't stop.

I really enjoyed the entire thing as well. That tracking shot in the funeral home is fantastic. I'm due for another re-watch I think!