HHN 2021: Terror Tram: The Ultimate Purge | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2021: Terror Tram: The Ultimate Purge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tram has only been good twice the entire time I've attended HHNH (2009 and 2016). Especially considering that I'm really tired of the Purge, I'm having a hard time getting hyped for this.

Tbf, that’s not a very high bar to reach :lol:

But if the tram is good, well great! My expectations for this are rock-bottom.

They're not calling this ultimate for no reason. This could be a nice surprise, in a year where things aren't looking so spectacular.

Well that sucks, he looks freakin incredible. I was cool with this coming back, but now I'm sad.

I said this elsewhere, but while I agree that both Terror Tram and Purge are well past their prime, they oddly seem like a good fit together. The natural destruction of the WotW set is very appropriate set dressing for that theme, which could actually elevate it a bit. Same goes for the outdoor, exposed setting.

If I had to see another Purge maze, this is probably the best location for it. Could also make for an interesting tram video on the way over.

Could be reading too much into it, but I'm also kinda hoping they don't just mean "Ultimate" in the sense that its all the movies together, but also "Ultimate" as in final, since honestly I really don't see how much more they can do with the property, especially since its been coming near constantly for 10 years. Honestly don't have that much against the purge, but after this final ride it's time for it to retire for a long time.

I've seen some images online taken this week that show the Terror Tram layout with essentially no progress. Obviously, this isn't a normal year but isn't it kind of weird that the event is 2 weeks away and it still looks like this?

I've seen some images online taken this week that show the Terror Tram layout with essentially no progress. Obviously, this isn't a normal year but isn't it kind of weird that the event is 2 weeks away and it still looks like this?

Technically it's 3 weeks (EDIT: whoops lol it is 2 weeks, guess i lost track of time), but it is a little odd that it's not up yet. I guess most of what they intend to put out must either be pre-built, or they dont intend to put much out at all. If you go back and look at 2018 construction from this time, all they really had up was the wall around the back of the motel to block out sound leakage, though the mini-maze at the end of the tram was already basically constructed.