Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: The Purge: Anarchy

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
BtHfPoTCQAAIiiI.jpg

Thoughts? Opinions? Predictions? All "The Purge: Anarchy" discussion goes here.

From Inside the Magic..

As the gates to “Halloween Horror Nights” open, so too does the annual Purge begin at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort with the debut of a terrifying new scarezone, “The Purge: Anarchy,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ new thriller, which scored the highest opening for a horror film this year.

“The Purge: Anarchy” scarezone will greet guests with pure unadulterated fear, bringing to life the turmoil and pandemonium that awaits those vulnerable to masked vigilantes in search of new victims. Reimagining the movie’s premise that on one night every year, any and all crime is made legal, the scarezone will be inhabited by average citizens transformed into sadistic felons during this period of government-sanctioned lawlessness. Like civilians in the movie fighting to survive, guests will be at the mercy of cunning wit, luck and speed as they attempt to outsmart and outlive the anarchy brought about by those who believe in an “eye for an eye.”

“‘Halloween Horror Nights’ is about taking guests out of their comfort zones and placing them at the core of unimaginable horror,” said John Murdy, Universal Studios Hollywood’s Creative Director for and Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights.” “Because the premise of ‘The Purge’ could theoretically happen, our scare-zone elevates that sense of fear and forces you to really watch your back. Imagining how your neighbor, friend or enemy could take revenge on you without retribution because you wronged them takes horror to a whole new level, and we wanted to bring that gut-wrenching terror to every one of our guests.”

“‘The Purge’” scarezone will invade the streets of ‘Halloween Horror Nights’, taking up most of our New York back lot. The chaos that reigns in the film will be replicated nightly, but now our guests can actually attempt to survive the night themselves,” said Michael Aiello, Director of Entertainment – Creative Development, Universal Orlando Resort. “The familiar emergency broadcast will be heard announcing the commencement of the annual Purge, and all hell will literally break loose.”

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headl...rsal-orlando-and-universal-studios-hollywood/

This was a given pretty much day 1 of speculation and rightfully so because it's such an ingenious idea for a scare zone. Can I count the ways how smart universal handled this idea?
1. Only made it one zone instead of the entire park
2. Based of a perfect idea and a recent movie
3. In the absolutely best area of the park for it.
I mean there is no possible way this Scarezone can fail. Get a barker yelling at people and this could be a contender for best scare zone ever. If you can't already tell my hopes are incredibly high for this one and it'll only get higher when I see the movie later this week or the next

By Mike saying taking over the Complete NY Backlot. I'm assuming sting alley shall be apart of it as well.

Excited for Motorcycles!

I'm so excited for this scarezone! I really enjoyed the movie and can't wait to see all the crazy s**t going on in this scarezone! I'm glad it's the home to the Chainsaw Drill Team this year. Since I saw Hollywood's scarezone last year, I was hoping they'd put the chainsaws in here. Hopefully, if we get Opening Scareamonies this year, they'll be centered around The Purge.

I think because of the location we may not get an opening ceremony for regular guests, but maybe for people in the Stay & Scream.

Horrible place for this SZ it is way to congested when all the houses all let out there. Last year you couldn't even tell who the zombie were when it was nothing but aholes and elbows.

Horrible place for this SZ it is way to congested when all the houses all let out there. Last year you couldn't even tell who the zombie were when it was nothing but aholes and elbows.

Well last year had that giant ass tank in the center that was just made for congestion. I'm sure we won't get a radical waste of space like that this year unless if the barker has a big stage

In the immediate area where they all let out? Sure it's congested in that corner. Anywhere else in the area? Normal HHN foot traffic...

Well last year had that giant ass tank in the center that was just made for congestion. I'm sure we won't get a radical waste of space like that this year unless if the barker has a big stage

Well if it just a bunch of people that will be one
cheap SZ, I am sure they will have a couple of vehicles and other props in the area for the scareactors to hide behind.

- - - Updated - - -

In the immediate area where they all let out? Sure it's congested in that corner. Anywhere else in the area? Normal HHN foot traffic...

It was pretty crowded in the whole area when I was there last year, at times it was a wall of people from the Mummy to the lagoon.

Yeah the side where Twister is. I'm sure will be a no go. Where the tank was I'm sure the bus and maybe a car will return. Safe to say no victims running around. Would be great to have a high intensity zone. I want to feel the craziness. This might be my grab a beer and sit zone.

Would it have been to much to ask for a separate video along with the trailer. My idea was just to film NY as it is. Then have a voice over say "Life was peaceful before the purge"-fade to black as we hear the siren/purge announcement

Hopefully they wont have all the SS houses exit there this year. That was a mess and a hell of a walk getting out there.

Well from what I've heard from friends auditioning there will be a lot of scare actors here so it wouldn't become acid rain where it's stupidly scarse. I wonder if the removal of the Japanese zone influenced more actors for the purge

They could also open it up and use that park area behind where the tank was last year and across from Twister. I really hope they do this: have a white box truck as in the 2nd movie drive into the scarezone (like TWD last year) with the gang with the masks. Start collecting up "victims" (actors) for the auction, maybe even open up the back of the truck and have the military guy with the minigun set up. They could recycle this prop from nightengales/resident evil houses. So much potential for this zone, I'm actually excited to check it out as I really liked the 2nd movie.

They could also open it up and use that park area behind where the tank was last year and across from Twister. I really hope they do this: have a white box truck as in the 2nd movie drive into the scarezone (like TWD last year) with the gang with the masks. Start collecting up "victims" (actors) for the auction, maybe even open up the back of the truck and have the military guy with the minigun set up. They could recycle this prop from nightengales/resident evil houses. So much potential for this zone, I'm actually excited to check it out as I really liked the 2nd movie.

I never understood why that street right in front of the Mummy is never used. here is never any light or anything in that area.

I believe it is because they have to have all ride entrances and the sidewalk to be clear as well. What I don't get is why they don't use the street area across Mummy that's next to the smoking park area. I know a lot of it is due to budget but it's about being creative.

It's a shame they probably won't use the 3D projectors again.

What I don't get is why they don't use the street area across Mummy that's next to the smoking park area. I know a lot of it is due to budget but it's about being creative.

It's a shame they probably won't use the 3D projectors again.

that's the street I meant, the one next to the smoking area "park". I know there are some cars parked there.
But It always makes me curious why they don't use that part of the road. Seems like part of the scarezone could fit in there.