HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Partnering with the creative minds at Blumhouse Productions for the 2nd year in a row, Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort will each feature a “best-of” compilation maze.

At Universal Orlando Resort, “The Horrors of Blumhouse” maze will feature Happy Death Day and The First Purge.

The Horrors of Blumhouse returns to Halloween Horror Nights | Inside Universal

The video announcement was actually kinda cool, with the Babyface Killer pushing over the Purge TV.

I'm pumped for HDD, that could be really fun.

The First Purge was the first Purge I didn't see right in theaters, ironically enough. Looks cool enough I guess.

But yeah, this is my lowest anticipated. ;)

Well I said if HDD came I’d hold my hands up and say I was wrong for doubting it. Not sure what to think of this one. Could be fun, or awful. Will reserve judgement until I’ve done it

Reactions: faceleg
Last year, I had no opinion on Blumhouse till I saw the films, so I think I’ll need to watch these two to have an opinion this year.

Last year, I truly enjoyed the Sinister bits, they were the most true to the film for me. Insidious was about half there for me personally, especially because most of the house featured content I couldn’t connect with. The Purge... I dunno. I know the story of what happened and it was alright.

I wonder if they’ll keep the facade from last year, or if they’ll have a similar finale. Depending on the rights situation, I wonder if (in the finale) Bugguhl and the Red-Faced Demon could appear, due to the fact that they already have the costumes.

I wonder if they’ll keep the facade from last year, or if they’ll have a similar finale. Depending on the rights situation, I wonder if (in the finale) Bugguhl and the Red-Faced Demon could appear, due to the fact that they already have the costumes.
Not sure on the facade, but the finale is a scene from First Purge.

My post on HNN:
Honest to god, I wouldn't care if we got HDD or Unfriended, they're equal in terms of design potential IMO. One has fun ideas with repeated rooms, and the other can get very abstract and trippy. I only prefer Purge over Truth or Dare due to costume design, as the possibilities and designs with TFP are vastly more interesting than ToD's.

My post on HNN:
Honest to god, I wouldn't care if we got HDD or Unfriended, they're equal in terms of design potential IMO. One has fun ideas with repeated rooms, and the other can get very abstract and trippy. I only prefer Purge over Truth or Dare due to costume design, as the possibilities and designs with TFP are vastly more interesting than ToD's.

Admittedly me personally wanting HDD over anything else was due to the fact it was an actual good film in my opinion. I also did kinda want Unfriended just for the blender scene...that would have made the whole dumbness worth it.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Admittedly me personally wanting HDD over anything else was due to the fact it was an actual good film in my opinion. I also did kinda want Unfriended just for the blender scene...that would have made the whole dumbness worth it.

HDD was a ton of fun. It's also an interesting challenge to tackle in a house, so I wish it could have had the whole thing to breathe

Blumhouse better start making Good horror movies if they want to continue this partnership with HHN :lol:
Unfriended... truth or Dare... come on :lol::lol: I never thought i would say this, but.....Thank god For Purge!

im really happy we are not getting what Hollywood is getting. im actually happy to see the Purge :lmao:

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Blumhouse better start making Good horror movies if they want to continue this partnership with HHN :lol:
Unfriended... truth or Dare... come on :lol::lol: I never thought i would say this, but.....Thank god For Purge!

im really happy we are not getting what Hollywood is getting. im actually happy to see the Purge :lmao:

They do make good horror movies! The problem is they've all been used...

Purge, Insidious, Happy Death Day, Ouija, and Sinister are all solid, maze-ready properties. All but one has been used.

The other great films they have made - Split, Get Out, Paranormal Activity, Oculus, Hush - are all either not maze-ready or not controlled by Universal.

They do occasionally put out turds, like any studio. It just so happens that these particular turds were very financially successful.

They do make good horror movies! The problem is they've all been used...

Purge, Insidious, Happy Death Day, Ouija, and Sinister are all solid, maze-ready properties. All but one has been used.

The other great films they have made - Split, Get Out, Paranormal Activity, Oculus, Hush - are all either not maze-ready or not controlled by Universal.

They do occasionally put out turds, like any studio. It just so happens that these particular turds were very financially successful.

You can say that about IPs in general at this point. Damn near every IP has either already been used, is out of reach, isn’t marketable to a general audience (they can get away with one of these per year house-wise), would be VERY difficult to translate into houses, or (and this one won’t bother management unfortunately) are too family friendly for the event.

Moderately looking forward to this house. Obviously HDD is the part to be more excited about, but The First Purge has scenes that could potentially be good in this.