HHN 30: Merchandise | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When are we going to get original Funkos for the Icons? I feel like that' long overdue and would be incredibly popular with the fans.

When are we going to get original Funkos for the Icons? I feel like that' long overdue and would be incredibly popular with the fans.

I say this as someone who would absolutely need one of every HHN Funko they came out with...

Hopefully never. If you thought the scalpers were bad with the Jack sign and the vinyl from last year, it would be nothing compared to the nasty things they would do with those pops.

Universal probably doesn’t view the Funko license profitable for what would, essentially, be an extremely limited run. Funko rarely releases Pops in runs of less than 5,000 designs and, when they do, it is typically part of their own exclusive line that THEY are selling (they license the design and see almost all of the profits). Universal selling Pops would likely result in a profit-share that Universal/Comcast wouldn’t like because Funko would want a larger portion because of the exclusivity.

Universal probably doesn’t view the Funko license profitable for what would, essentially, be an extremely limited run. Funko rarely releases Pops in runs of less than 5,000 designs and, when they do, it is typically part of their own exclusive line that THEY are selling (they license the design and see almost all of the profits). Universal selling Pops would likely result in a profit-share that Universal/Comcast wouldn’t like because Funko would want a larger portion because of the exclusivity.

I also prefer a lot of the vinyl designs over the generic Funko sculpts. The Chucky one in particular is excellent, and the Jack and Demagorgon figures are nice. It'd be neat if they expanded to the other icons, but I get that they think the demand just isn't there.

Reactions: Legacy
Logo from the Universal Orlando online shop....I am really bothered how the Director looks here....why does he look like this???

1628996668243.png

FYI - for anybody looking for the Jack sawblade, it's back in stock. I had been checking daily for a while and it's the first time I've seen it in stock on the site.

I don't understand why in the main merch is Chance and Terra Queen and not The Usher for example. I'm really disappointed and I think I'll buy less than I wanted :'(

I don't understand why in the main merch is Chance and Terra Queen and not The Usher for example. I'm really disappointed and I think I'll buy less than I wanted :'(
I think it's really cool that these "lesser" icons are getting the same amount of recognition as the big five (Jack, Caretaker, Director, Storyteller, Usher). I'm sure we'll see more of them on the merch as well but it is kinda strange he's just completely omitted. Either way I'm all for the B-team (Chance, Terra Queen, Lady Luck, Eddie). If only we could get some Bloody Mary

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Rikku
I think it's really cool that these "lesser" icons are getting the same amount of recognition as the big five (Jack, Caretaker, Director, Storyteller, Usher). I'm sure we'll see more of them on the merch as well but it is kinda strange he's just completely omitted. Either way I'm all for the B-team (Chance, Terra Queen, Lady Luck, Eddie). If only we could get some Bloody Mary

I think that is half my obsession with Chance, Lady Luck, Fear and as you said the B-Squad. I have enough of the A-Team merch already especially those re-used same "stock photos" of them just in different styles...I know the B-Squad is the stand stuff for their main years as well but I am not full to brim with it as I am with the A-Team

Logo from the Universal Orlando online shop....I am really bothered how the Director looks here....why does he look like this???

View attachment 15105

not sure how true it may have been, but back at 25 they had pulled the AP shirts -- I was told this was done due to a dispute over the image used for the Director -- if any of that was true, I would conclude it is why he looks different now.

Reminds me of the Artist Series Jack poster last year. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a poster and is #2 in that Series...