Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30 Mobile Game

Jan 1, 2011
Orlando, FL
iphone-hhn21-mock-themed-logo.png

This thread can be used for discussion and for posting any clues, tips, photos, or discoveries regarding the HHN 30 Mobile Game, featuring TERROR TRIVIA and Jack's Scattered Past.
The game is integrated into the existing Universal Orlando mobile app.

Don't forget to use the hashtag #HHNGame for any postings across social media!

Good luck out there!​

Has anyone done this yet? It looks like you can only get one pathway through the scattered past per night - unless you can unlock another after you finish your first?

Too bad - I’m only going on one night, but I suppose this is really for the people that have the time to go at least four times over the run. I imagine some of the sites will eventually have spoilers for the whole game and lore drops by the end of the event…? Hope I’m not missing any big lore bombshells… though I appreciate that frequent attendees are getting something really good to do.

Last edited:
Too bad - I’m only going on one night, but I suppose this is really for the people that have the time to go at least four times over the run. I imagine some of the sites will eventually have spoilers for the whole game and lore drops by the end of the event…? Hope I’m not missing any big lore bombshells… though I appreciate that frequent attendees are getting something really good to do.
You won’t miss any new lore. The game was made entirely by a third party design group. Some current and former members of the HHN design team provided some insight and confirmation of the lore that the game references, but it’s predominantly meant as something to pass the time.

Legendary Truth | The Collective has updated. Nothing major, but movement once again.

So… I have theories…

Universal proper has not advertised the mobile game at all. The only advertisement I’ve seen for it are the game director and artist. Neither are current employees of Universal; the game director works for Studio X in Winter Park and the artist (Shelby) was freelanced by the design studio.

But the fact that Universal spent thousands on a game they’re not advertising raises my eyebrows.

Now, in a similar fashion, the only people I’ve see drawing attention to the website are the same two people. That’s interesting, because the domain was expired—basically Universal had let it go default. Someone reactivated the domain, but we’re only assuming it’s Universal.

Because now we have lore-hungry design studio (unaffiliated with Universal) pushing a lore website that the actual Universal marketing team is just straight ignoring.

So, my theory is that this LT rebuild isn’t official. I think it’s a side project from a couple of the people who worked on the game. Until Universal does something official to draw attention to it, I’m going to be cautious of where it’s heading.

So… I have theories…

Universal proper has not advertised the mobile game at all. The only advertisement I’ve seen for it are the game director and artist. Neither are current employees of Universal; the game director works for Studio X in Winter Park and the artist (Shelby) was freelanced by the design studio.

But the fact that Universal spent thousands on a game they’re not advertising raises my eyebrows.

Now, in a similar fashion, the only people I’ve see drawing attention to the website are the same two people. That’s interesting, because the domain was expired—basically Universal had let it go default. Someone reactivated the domain, but we’re only assuming it’s Universal.

Because now we have lore-hungry design studio (unaffiliated with Universal) pushing a lore website that the actual Universal marketing team is just straight ignoring.

So, my theory is that this LT rebuild isn’t official. I think it’s a side project from a couple of the people who worked on the game. Until Universal does something official to draw attention to it, I’m going to be cautious of where it’s heading.

Whois legendarytruth.com

it's definitely still owned by Universal

Definitely valid point. The reason it's not on the website is a very long story.
Oh, as with anything like this in a corporate environment, I can imagine.

Thanks for the clarification though. Definitely interested in seeing where/how this goes.

You won’t miss any new lore. The game was made entirely by a third party design group. Some current and former members of the HHN design team provided some insight and confirmation of the lore that the game references, but it’s predominantly meant as something to pass the time.

theme adjacent... but really it was just a nod to the past games, celebration of 30 years, and having fun with the fans.

My buddy and I played the scattered past game — did all three possible runs. I will start by saying we LOVE this kind of ancillary activity for HHN. I hope HHN does more.

But I’ll also point out some issues. Spelling and grammar mistakes in the clues. Scan points that were non-fuctional due to the code card being bent or too dark. But even with that, it was fun and we discovered treats within Universal we never noticed in our years of attending.