1. Gorewood Forest
Easily. So excited to see Terra's grand return to the event. Really interested in seeing the transformation of Central Park in the upcoming weeks considering how all the other zones look right now.
2. LCH - Eddie's Revenge
Big points for taking what could've just been any scare zone mashup zone and adding this cute "meta" twist and having Eddie take it over. Me thinks this will end up as the fun zone of the event (especially with Vamp 55 already confirmed).
3. Seek & Destroy
The vibe they're going for could be one of the neater of the whole event...or a bit boring, perhaps. It's the only one where I don't have a single clue what these scare actors will remotely look like, so...interested.
4. 30 Years, 30 Fears
Basically copy-paste what I said on the thread. Sets are cool, love it, but the "icon / big character" mashup zone concept hits a little less this time around.
I do love the creatures and designs of CryptTV, but this year feels poorly timed for this zone. Gonna be fun though!
Gorewood Forest - the name leaves a lot to be desired, but the Terraqueen returning makes this number 1 by a wide margin.
Seek & Destroy - the zone looks amazing and I love the alien angle.
30 Years 30 Fears - sounds pretty cool.
Crypt TV - I've only watched two shorts so far, but really enjoyed them and the set pieces look awesome.
Lights, Camera, Hackton - 2001 was a couple years before I even heard of the event so I don't have the love for Eddie that so many others do. The Vamp 55 stage makes it just look like a "greatest hits photo op zone".
1) Gorewood Forest--2005 was my first year living down the street from Universal, and my first with a FFP. It’s been 16 years but I still remember individual runs thru some of those houses, and that glorious costume party the final night. Two of my GOAT houses were that year. So if this zone just gives me a taste of the Terra Queen, Eelmouth, the Body Collectors, the bikers, the terror miners … I’ll be happy.
2) Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge—sounds fun, potentially bordering on campy. Done right, Eddie should be a fan-favorite.
3) Seek & Destroy—digging the 80s sci-fi V vibe if they lean into that. This one will come down the creature designs, tho.
4) Crypt TV—if I make time to watch the videos, this may go up.
5) 30 Years, 30 Fears—a photo op zone, resigned to there being at least one. Should be a good welcome to the event.
I’ll go ahead and actually make a list! Least anticipated to most. But keep in mind, I am excited for all of these zones!
5. LCH - Cute concept, but not much that I care for besides that. Eddie was never my favorite HHN character and the whole prospect that it IS a mashup zone is just kinda lame to me. Hoping it’s well executed and not just photo ops!
4. 30Y30F - Honestly I wasn’t even a huge fan of the icon scarezone in 25, more or less just a photo op zone and 30Y30F doesn’t even seem like it has the mini shows that 25’s icon zone did, so meh.
3. CryptTV - Was initially my #2 spot, but now that I think about it I feel like this zone isn’t really gonna get the exact feel of CryptTV right like a house would. Those shorts are intense and snappy, with great scares, which I just don’t think will be possible with how the zone is set up. I feel like this zone is gonna be more like a character study that’ll hopefully lead up to a house in HHN 31? But anyway mostly hyped at the prospect of HHN taking on a YouTube channel and the sweet sweet monster design.
2. Gorewood - I never got to see the Terra Queen and her lore/character design is probably my favorite of the whole event. This zone location is definitely going to be gorgeous for this too and typically ends up being my favorite, so I’m really excited for this. Hopefully a sacrifice show…?
1. S&D - Honestly fully expecting to be let down by this zone, but the heavy 1984/Deus Ex/Half Life 2 vibes this zone gives off is so exciting. As I said so many times here I’m really excited to see the alien design and I think this zone has the potential to just leave so much dread in us. I really hope they play this zone straight and don’t blast lasers and electronica music.
1: Gorewood Forest - Love everything in Terra Cruentus so I can already tell this will be my fav, and the props currently there look awesome.
2: Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie's Revenge - Really excited Eddie's getting his own zone and the fact we're seeing old zones featured is great, my only worry is that they make it into a photo op.
3: Crypt TV - After looking back at the props out so far and watching back some of their stuff i'm really excited for this, lowkey hoping it comes back as a house next year if the zone goes well.
4: Seek & Destroy - Seems a bit of an odd one imo, I'm sure it will be good and i'll like it but with all the anniversary stuff and CryptTV it's kinda overshadowed for me.
5: 30 Years, 30 Fears - Looks like a photo op, if they don't have icons in the street I don't think i'll like it as much.
Going from least to most anticipated, but truthfully I feel each of the zones offers some great potential.
5. 30 Years, 30 Fears: I have a feeling it will be photo op central, which is fine, but I feel it may offer nothing more than that.
4. Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie's Revenge: I really like Eddie, but I feel like this zone just shoved him into a greatest hits of the past scarezone. I like the idea behind it, but I wish they would have utilized him better; I hope I'm wrong.
3. Crypt TV: Started watching these to prepare for the event, and wow they are amazing. I'm not sure how the mini show scenes will work with its current placement, but Im excited to find out. I do hope this takes the KKFOS and TrT route and become a house.
2. Gorewood Forest: I missed out on the Terra Queen story when it was first at HHN so I'm happy to see they actually brought it back 15 years later like the story said. I enjoy the creatures from the Terra Cruentus and I have a feeling this zone will work nicely within Central Park; although I hope the lagoon show doesn't pull from the atmosphere and creepiness of the Terra Queen and Terra Cruentus.
1. Seek & Destroy: Who doesn't love a futuristic dystopia with alien overlords, because I know I sure do. New York has already held some of the best scarezones, and based on the story and props already on display, this scarezone looks to be gearing up to wow us. I do hope the costumes don't end up being too cheesy looking, but as long as the scareactors bring it, I'm sure it will be great.
5. Lights, Cameras, Hacktion: Eddie's Revenge- I'm still a little confused about the theme of this zone...is it a mash-up of greatest hits from past streets? How does Eddie fit into this? Either way always happy to see the Treaks and Foons return.
4. 30 Years, 30 Fears- Seeing all the Icons and classic HHN characters take over the front of the park will be really fun and add a lot of chaotic energy to kick off every night in a good way that past entrance zones weren't really able to deliver on.
3. Crypt TV- Not really familiar with the Crypt TV series besides a best-of list that Dead Meat did a while back. I think their original monsters will translate beautifully and this would make a great house in the future.
2. Seek and Destroy- I'm excited to see what the costumes and characters will be for this zone. It sounds like a fusion of aliens, industrial aesthetics, and authoritarian imagery.
1. Gorewood Forest- Tales of Terror is one year I wish I could have experienced more than any other. I'm so excited to see the Terra Queen and all her minions in what is usually the best zone of the event.
1. Chucky's Meet and Greet area - This is not an official zone but if they get the same voice actor/setup/interaction as 28 than it already won me over as the area I will spend the most time in! Loved how he interacted with people in that zone!
2: Seek & Destroy - I love the concept and the sets look very promising! I wish it was robots but then it becomes too similar to Terminator so I understand. If they do the aliens/atmosphere right then this could be one of my favorite zones of all time. This zone has huge potential!
3: Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie's Revenge - I enjoyed most of the past scarezones in this area so hopefully they do a good job showcasing them!
4: Crypt TV - The props look great but I just could not get into the show. Maybe I need to watch more episodes.
5: Gorewood Forest - This area never really does it for me. It always seems very simalar each year but that's probably because of the trees in that area.
6: 30 Years, 30 Fears - I agree in that it seems more like a photo op area. Only interested in seeing Chance again because she's a cutie!
So this is probably the most interesting anticipated scare zone list to figure out, a lot of it is throwback heavy to characters and years I never got to experience, so it's all very exciting in that regard and a lot of them are on a even field in terms of hype. Which makes it all the more ironic that in a throwback heavy year for the zones, my number 1 is one of the brand new originals. Go Figure!
1. Seek & Destroy - It's not every year you see a dystopian theme at a haunt, unique themes like that do grab my attention pretty quickly. (Also, I've actually been at a furry convention which ran with a dystopian theme one year, and it actually worked. Granted, it was more on the lighthearted side, but they pulled it off with a lot of moving cameras, a downright oppressive amount of propaganda posters and even using the hotels P.A. system for announcements. Plus a whole underground resistance overthrowing things at closing ceremonies.)
I'm really digging all the set pieces, banners and whatnot set up for this, and depending what goes down in this zone, it could be wonderfully atmospheric. I will admit that costumes are gonna' be pretty key here, since that can separate it from being bad ass or not quite there.
2. Gorewood Forest - It's no secret that HHN 15 was one of the most wonderfully lore-heavy years the event has ever done, a full-on story which connected almost every house and scare zone, as well as creating multiple fan-favorite characters and creatures. Like with most everyone else I'm pretty excited to see a return to this realm, though I'm keeping myself in check since this is a zone which can get a little cramped, that and the atmosphere might be sapped a bit whenever Marathon of Mayhem is running.
3. Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie's Revenge - So here we multiple scare zone throwback plus Eddie and presumably a lot of chainsaws, I can see this making for some fun chaos! They've got plenty of space to do so as well.
4. Crypt TV - So having watched a good chunk of shorts from them, I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing all the various monsters in this zone! It's a good, eccentric lineup, so this can make for a fun atmosphere, especially with all the props and set pieces they've crammed into SF!...however, that's also the biggest Catch-22 with this zone. With all the set pieces and stages that are in this zone, this is gonna' get easily cramped. I won't lie, if this zone was in a bigger space like Hollywood, I'd actually have it much higher on my hype list. But with it being in the smallest area, I have to have it down here solely due to that.
5. 30 Years, 30 Fears - An here we have the entrance/Icon zone, with a impressive truss tower and the classic soundstage marquee sign! I've seen pictures of the sign lit up, and it looks great! I can imagine this is gonna' make a great entry statement for the event, and it'll be nice to see the Icons here. The only reason I have it last in my placement is fairly simple, when it comes to zones...I don't find myself wandering down here often. Most routes I've taken avoid it completely, so I have to go out of my way to see it. I do hope it's nice enough where I find myself heading in there more than a couple times!
It's a unique mix for the zones this year, and I can confidently say these are the most dressed zones I've seen in a while. Each one really does have the potential of being a fun journey due to that!