Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

May 6, 2019
Halloween season is coming soon and the fog grows stronger… as well as some uncertainties we have of the event. Write all of your questions regarding the event here.

So is there actually going to be a $25 ticket that get's you into the park at 3PM for Stay & Scream? I saw it mentioned that they did it for 2019.

So is there actually going to be a $25 ticket that get's you into the park at 3PM for Stay & Scream? I saw it mentioned that they did it for 2019.
Don't know much about it, but I would assume so?
Not a reason for them not to do it from what I can see.

I have an annual pass for the first time, I know I don’t get a discount at hhn. But do I get a discount at the hotel? I have a deposit down at cabana for the last week of October for the Savy traveler groom and can’t remember to find an answer

I have an annual pass for the first time, I know I don’t get a discount at hhn. But do I get a discount at the hotel? I have a deposit down at cabana for the last week of October for the Savy traveler groom and can’t remember to find an answer

To get a AP discount, you have to book a AP discount rate. You won't find it searching on the regular hotel pages, the link is found in hotels and packages section on the AP section of the site. ( Passholder Hotel Benefits | Universal Orlando Resort™ )

If there's any AP rates available for your stay, it'll show up when you take a look. If there is and it's better than what you got, book that and just cancel the stay you have with the Savy Traveler rate.

If you're doing Stay n Scream, do Springfield. The tent houses are best to start off in the day since those usually rely more on darkness and your eyes haven't adjusted yet. Plus, once the crowd has moved on, there's a good chance you'll be able to do them (especially MIB and Sprung 2) multiple times completely alone.

If you're doing Stay n Scream, do Springfield. The tent houses are best to start off in the day since those usually rely more on darkness and your eyes haven't adjusted yet. Plus, once the crowd has moved on, there's a good chance you'll be able to do them (especially MIB and Sprung 2) multiple times completely alone.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I usually wait for after sunset for the tents because they have the most light pollution inside.

I think that the house that suffers the most Light Pollution is the one at the old Parade Warehouse; it’s still rather minimal.

I'll bet that Beetlejuice and Hill House will be the two most popular mazes in terms of wait-times this year, so hanging out at the Springfield exit near Kidzone will absolutely be the best spot for Stay & Scream.

I'll bet that Beetlejuice and Hill House will be the two most popular mazes in terms of wait-times this year, so hanging out at the Springfield exit near Kidzone will absolutely be the best spot for Stay & Scream.
…and probably the busiest. I bet Springfield will be more popular than it’s ever been this year.

Here, to psych yourself up, have a nice vibe to HHN-related songs and music. Feel free to add suggestions for other songs:

It will be interesting to see how the demand for S&S locations is distributed this year.

Many of the less informed (not an insult, but I couldn't come up with a more polite term), seem to think that Finnegan's is the better option. The GP was typically drawn there as well, since the big IPs were usually at least one of the houses that zone released to.

This year, I'd argue that Springfield would be the bigger draw with Beet and Hill House. But, who knows if most will still just go to Finn's because that's what they've been told to do.

It will be interesting to see how the demand for S&S locations is distributed this year.

Many of the less informed (not an insult, but I couldn't come up with a more polite term), seem to think that Finnegan's is the better option. The GP was typically drawn there as well, since the big IPs were usually at least one of the houses that zone released to.

This year, I'd argue that Springfield would be the bigger draw with Beet and Hill House. But, who knows if most will still just go to Finn's because that's what they've been told to do.

Hard to say, but TCM is a soundstage house leading me to believe that will be a big draw for Stay & Scream.