Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 31: Conjure the Dark

Apr 18, 2018
249CDF60-5EF5-439F-B8DA-C29965E540E2.jpeg

Conjure the Dark

On the first All Hallow's Eve, an evil sorceress called forth monstrosities from dark dimensions. Now your blood will fuel them.

From the Discover Universal podcast:

There is a sorceress. Now, we're talking about the traditions of Halloween. We've created our own historical moment of the first Halloween. So imagine kinda stonehenge esque stone pieces all around with celtic runes all over and the sorceress is gathering power and pulling beings from other planes of existence to come onto our Earthly plane and that is the creation of Halloween. So we have a full stage out there. We have the sorceress conjuring all these portals opening up with all these creatures coming out. Three different worlds open up. We have these like troll type creatures. We have the alphas, the betas, etc. All these different characters. It's gonna be intense, amazing, and there's gonna be fire.

Probably at the bottom for me. This area is just a nightmare and with it looking like a "show" will happen...

I see the mention of Sorceress & I automatically think... "oooo Potential HHN 32 icon!???"

If she's got the power to open portals to other worlds/realms... that literally gives them the ability for a somewhat cohesive event. Whether it be a portal for each SZ & some of the houses.

Probably won't happen.

Last edited:
I think this might finally fix the “curse” of San Francisco. If you get that big crowd around the stage, TMs can easily create a pathway in front of or behind the stage. By focusing the guests in a particular location, it’ll be easier to define a pathway.

The zone itself is high concept, maybe to a fault. We'll see how the cast gels but at the moment I can respect how wild the concept is here.

At the very least, this is one of the better San Fran zones in a long while for two reasons that honestly should've never been issues in the first place: This zone finally figures out that placing a giant ship in the middle of San Fran does not and never has worked, stop doing it. It also learns that maybe the scareactors should, uh, scare people? Didn't think that would be an issue but the direction on Crypt TV last year would say otherwise. What a waste of good costume designs that was. "Giant tree monster, pace back and forth on stage and pose." This is a zone with a well built design to avoid congestion, and isn't a photo-op. That's already better than Invasion, Rob Zombie, Crypt, and this is still lowest ranking of the zones this year. Really really enjoying the direction the new SZ team is going in this year.

The zone itself is high concept, maybe to a fault. We'll see how the cast gels but at the moment I can respect how wild the concept is here.

At the very least, this is one of the better San Fran zones in a long while for two reasons that honestly should've never been issues in the first place: This zone finally figures out that placing a giant ship in the middle of San Fran does not and never has worked, stop doing it. It also learns that maybe the scareactors should, uh, scare people? Didn't think that would be an issue but the direction on Crypt TV last year would say otherwise. What a waste of good costume designs that was. "Giant tree monster, pace back and forth on stage and pose." This is a zone with a well built design to avoid congestion, and isn't a photo-op. That's already better than Invasion, Rob Zombie, Crypt, and this is still lowest ranking of the zones this year. Really really enjoying the direction the new SZ team is going in this year.
Don’t you diss Rob Zombie like that!

Based on the footage and photos I'm seeing, the makeup already looks way more polished than employee preview. Some really ambitious looks that recall Knightmare - and the small scripted moments feel like something out of the IOA days. Very into it.

Don’t you diss Rob Zombie like that!
Haha, I'll admit I never got that good of a grasp of the Rob Zombie zone inbetween sets back in 29. Only got to check it out once or twice, and I've never been a big Rob Zombie fan. I could respect it but it just didn't click for me. Felt more like a party zone than anything, but I can see how people could get into it.

My brain just keeps seeing this zone as something that could've & should've been tied into the Terra Queen lore.. it gives off Terra Cruentus vibes & I'm all for a powerful witch iconic figure.

It might not be the best or scariest, location taken into account, but it looks like a good addition. Hope to see more videos/pics from this zone.

these creatures, these stone ruins and these sacrifices and this whole theme belonged inside the coven house. i really wish this zone and the coven house were connected.
i wish this zone have had a continuation on the coven house.... both feature some kind of witches, it is a giant missed opportunity that they werent linked

and the heavy metal music in this zone feels amazing to hear. very VERY cool