Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 31: Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire

Apr 18, 2018
800167C4-D15D-4210-A4F2-BA5060A86799.jpeg

Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire

The show that sparked a firestorm last year is ablaze with a new nightmare. The pyro and aerial performers are back to reignite your fears.

last year i went with my friend's family and they kinda complained the whole time that they did not like the houses and stuff, but they got back in line for nightmare fuel as soon as we left our seats. lol. excited for it to come back.

Very excited! Absolutely LOVED Nightmare Fuel last year so seeing it come back makes me so excited! Hopefully it won't be a let down.

I haven't been for many years now (2011), since the days of Bill and Ted's. Is this anything like that with pop culture references and jokes with music?

I haven't been for many years now (2011), since the days of Bill and Ted's. Is this anything like that with pop culture references and jokes with music?

No, not much dialogue or talking. No pop culture references or jokes, pretty serious. Going by last years show there’s lots of sexy dancing to mostly rock music which is in common with B&T I guess , but also aerial acrobatics and magic tricks/illusions, lots and lots of pyro. There was a bit of a loose story but not much.

Edit: Here’s last years show:

I honestly did not get the hype from last years show. I watched the video. And I can't believe, me of all people will say this, but I was bored seeing excessive pyro & scantily clad dancers :surprised:

That would've been a one viewing for the entire event run for me, compared to my old 30+ viewings of B&T 0:)

I'm very curious to watch a video from this year's show to see if the quality has improved. But my expectations are severely low. (Same for Jabbawockeez on our coast, since their show was not up to par with 2017-2019)

The cast brought an energy in real life that was palpable. The thumping bass, the heat from the pyro, the enthusiasm from everyone there ... Anecdotal, but anecdotal from everyone I've talked to, all guests who saw this walked away impressed.

This show made my one night at HHN last year worth the ticket price for me, I’m really looking forward to seeing this year’s set.

I honestly did not get the hype from last years show. I watched the video. And I can't believe, me of all people will say this, but I was bored seeing excessive pyro & scantily clad dancers :surprised:
You sound far too mature for the drunk and horny target audience that Nightmare Fuel is aiming for. Me on the other hand...

That would've been a one viewing for the entire event run for me, compared to my old 30+ viewings of B&T 0:)

I'm very curious to watch a video from this year's show to see if the quality has improved. But my expectations are severely low. (Same for Jabbawockeez on our coast, since their show was not up to par with 2017-2019)

It would be like watching a concert on YouTube,
The energy of the crowd and the hype is not there on video.
The dancing was fast. The cast was fast and energetic. Some dancers had their own little special moves or stuff. The crowd was very hyped up. I know what I am saying sounds obvious and very obvious.
But this cast had a level of energy and audience participation that was very strong. It really is a case of " you had to be there"
Some dancers had such a fast and high level of energy and enthusiasm. The song choices were perfect, it all complimented each other
The energy was contagious. The dancing felt so fast. The fire was so cool

Trust me, it was a whole other thing to see it in person. The online videos don't do it justice
It would be like watching a concert on YouTube, The energy of the crowd and the hype is not there on video. It really is a case of " you had to be there"
Yea, see... thats not true at all. Thanks to the magic of streaming, I can assure you that watching a concert online can exude just as much hype, energy & excitement as being there in person. Trust me, I've watched enough kpop streams over the past year+ and you could feel their energy.

Nightmare Fuel was just bad & lazy, while trying too hard. It was better when it was called Death Drums & it was a mini street show in 2011. That had 3 versions!

Yea, see... thats not true at all. Thanks to the magic of streaming, I can assure you that watching a concert online can exude just as much hype, energy & excitement as being there in person. Trust me, I've watched enough kpop streams over the past year+ and you could feel their energy.

Nightmare Fuel was just bad & lazy, while trying too hard. It was better when it was called Death Drums & it was a mini street show in 2011. That had 3 versions!

Maybe if you watch the concert on VR. But for example the YouTube videos of this show aren't high definition enough or don't show the full stage up close
I did this show multiple nights, and even some of the dancers did different things or interacted with the audience differently per night.
Some dancers had specific little tricks. The fire guys at the end would change stuff.
The YouTube video doesn't show the little things.

Academy of villains was cool, but the energy this show had was so much more strong . I don't know. Every night had different little things changed. Or a specific performer would do something different.
(I did get tired of academy a little bit. But this show felt fresh every night)

But it is. The online videos only could show so much. The dancers would dance off stage or go onto the stages in the audience. Cameras can’t show that and the actual stage. Plus the videos online didn’t show the “pre show” and maybe the best part, when the played “Welcome to the Black Prade” and the RIP guides dances their heart out and the audience would sing along. It was just amazing, something the online videos can’t capture.
I watched it online as well aw see it in person and seeing it in person was always way better.