Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 31: Sweet Revenge

Apr 18, 2018
E8DB8D6D-17C3-4DA7-A57E-834A1D51C560.jpeg

Sweet Revenge

The sweets from Major Sweets' candy company have turned children into crazed killers. This Halloween's all trick, no treat and total mayhem.

From the Discover Universal podcast:

We have an annual Halloween party. It takes place in 1954. We have this party and parade and it's sponsored by a local candy company. There's a guy called Major Sweets and he creates candy. So all the kids are there, the whole town is there, they're celebrating and eating this candy. And we find out this candy is turning the kids into horrific killers. They're gonna be drooling the poison chocolate and attacking you. The adults are crazy. The whole parade, we actually have a parade in the middle, it's not moving though because it's crashed, so you have to make your way through the floats. You see the fun, but it's all blood drenched. You're going to see more of those little show moments we love to put in for Halloween where we see these kids killing everything in their path. Charles and his team have done an incredible job with these scarezones. We're getting these floats from our partners who make the floats for Mardi Gras. The tribute store will lean into this story as well. Major Sweets is selling his goodies in the Tribute Store.

This zone was my most anticipated zone but now I'm not really sure. Pumped to see a "Halloween Festival" zone again. Last time we did was in 2015 for HHN 25 and that was my favriote zone that year, so I have high hopes here. Also, with the tribute store finale setting us up for this zone I'm excited.

Hoping Major Sweets himself is in the zone. Definitely strikes me as the heckle the crowd on a microphone character for this year.

Oof... I know this SZ has a lot of people hyped, but literally reading that description sounded like a kid copying someone's homework, giving it a new coat of paint & passing it off as the greatest "new" idea ever. :look:

They hype having a parade float(s) from MG... 2010's Zombie Gras used this retired float
ZombieGras1.jpg
Zombiegras2.jpg
zombiegras3.jpg

NY does have the luxury of more space than SF has, so we'll see how they utilize it. I noticed they already have the "crashed" tractor which pulls the float(s) like in the 2nd pic above.

As for that, "OMG the Tribute Store is tied directly into the SZ" hype. Great. But again, Zombie Gras was literally the cause of the Zombiegeddon house plot. Parade float crashed into the building, power outage happened, the Zombie collars malfunctioned & the zombies escaped attacking the parade.

Oh and the Major Sweets candy is drugged thing... yea, Buffy - Season 3 "Band Candy", all the adults in the town reverted back to their teen selves (mentally). Sunnydale was in temporary chaos. While not the same murderous plot, it was close enough for me to remember Buffy from 1999!! (Yikes I'm old)

I'm sure the SZ will be great & well themed, but their podcast description literally came off like copied homework.

Oof... I know this SZ has a lot of people hyped, but literally reading that description sounded like a kid copying someone's homework, giving it a new coat of paint & passing it off as the greatest "new" idea ever. :look:

They hype having a parade float(s) from MG... 2010's Zombie Gras used this retired float
View attachment 17106
View attachment 17107
View attachment 17108

NY does have the luxury of more space than SF has, so we'll see how they utilize it. I noticed they already have the "crashed" tractor which pulls the float(s) like in the 2nd pic above.

As for that, "OMG the Tribute Store is tied directly into the SZ" hype. Great. But again, Zombie Gras was literally the cause of the Zombiegeddon house plot. Parade float crashed into the building, power outage happened, the Zombie collars malfunctioned & the zombies escaped attacking the parade.

Oh and the Major Sweets candy is drugged thing... yea, Buffy - Season 3 "Band Candy", all the adults in the town reverted back to their teen selves (mentally). Sunnydale was in temporary chaos. While not the same murderous plot, it was close enough for me to remember Buffy from 1999!! (Yikes I'm old)

I'm sure the SZ will be great & well themed, but their podcast description literally came off like copied homework.
Tbh im not sure if the parade floats are really meant to be some big new revolution, since Vamp 55 had them too, I think it's just meant to signal a return to form to indicate that theyre not gonna be skimping in new york anymore.
Personally I feel like it's a bit more derivative of Psychoscareapy with the fall festival vibe, but assuming we get some fun candy monsters and its not just people with chainsaws and chocolate smeared all over themselves, I'll consider it fresh enough.

Tbh im not sure if the parade floats are really meant to be some big new revolution, since Vamp 55 had them too, I think it's just meant to signal a return to form to indicate that theyre not gonna be skimping in new york anymore.
Personally I feel like it's a bit more derivative of Psychoscareapy with the fall festival vibe, but assuming we get some fun candy monsters and its not just people with chainsaws and chocolate smeared all over themselves, I'll consider it fresh enough.
I will really strongly hate it if they do that.... The cast might save it. But I would hate that.

Or if they can't do crazy costumes then at least have the actors look like crazy Willy Wonka and the oompa loompas. Something wild costume wise.