Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN and disability passes

Aug 7, 2015
Hi, we are looking at booking tickets for HHN as our Orlando holiday this year will start on the 2nd November. My problem is that my son has a disability pass due to issues when queueing so can anyone let me know whether these passes work with the HHN attractions or would he then have to queue with everyone else. I've asked the resort directly and they can't offer any information until they release more details nearer the time.
Thanks in advance,

My wife had one year before last (GAP) and it worked for HHN also.If the wait was 30 mins. or less you go thru regular line. If over 30 mins. they write a return time and you would go thru express
upon returning. But we rarely got a return time, they just sent us thru express.

They got very strict with these last year due to a lot of abuse of the system. I would expect a few minor changes from last year to allow them to adjust from how things went, but I expect them to maintain a very strict stance on these. Generally speaking if someone had an issue with standing in queues they would simply tell them to use a wheelchair.

Its always kind of a toss up when it comes to HHN. I've heard of lots of people had problems getting them last year for issues that seemed like no brainers to me, but I was able to get some for some friends that weren't able to stand for long times with no problem.

Thanks for the replies. The problem is that my lad has autism and while he could physically stand in a line he cannot cope with it mentally so we utilize the virtual queuing systems where we queue away from the main crowd. I think if there is doubt on whether they will operate the same system we will have to miss the event as we cannot take the risk of ruining the holiday.
Thanks again

If he can't cope with standing in a long line, how is it expected he can cope with being in one of the houses? Which is essentially a conga-line of people and things meant to meant jump out, startle, scare, and touch you in ways that are meant to bother you?

To be fair we haven't done an event here before so we don't know the intensity of the attractions. It is something we will be trying to find out as much information as possible before we decide as if it is too intense then he will not cope. We have been to scarefest at Alton Towers in the UK but have only done the milder mazes and scare zones where there is room to move away if they get too in his face.

To be fair we haven't done an event here before so we don't know the intensity of the attractions. It is something we will be trying to find out as much information as possible before we decide as if it is too intense then he will not cope. We have been to scarefest at Alton Towers in the UK but have only done the milder mazes and scare zones where there is room to move away if they get too in his face.

I'd suggest staying away from HHN if that's the case and you are worried about ruining your holiday. Based on what you've said you'd risk losing a lot of money as it can be very intense.

Hi everyone, I have just joined this site as I found this thread whilst searching online for help to a question, although it's slightly different to what's being asked here!
I hope it's ok to ask this on the thread, as it seems someone here might have the answer!
I am registered disabled and will be on crutches when visiting Florida this year. I would like to attend HHN, but would not be able to walk through the mazes/houses, as they are a continually moving conga type line, and I need to stop often for rests due to pain, which would not be possible in the mazes/houses etc
So my question is this, do they offer a discounted ticket for disabled people who are unable to go through the mazes/houses, but would like access to the HHN event?
I so hope someone here has any information, as I cannot find out anything online or with Universal HHN page direct :(

Thank you in advance :)

Hi everyone, I have just joined this site as I found this thread whilst searching online for help to a question, although it's slightly different to what's being asked here!
I hope it's ok to ask this on the thread, as it seems someone here might have the answer!
I am registered disabled and will be on crutches when visiting Florida this year. I would like to attend HHN, but would not be able to walk through the mazes/houses, as they are a continually moving conga type line, and I need to stop often for rests due to pain, which would not be possible in the mazes/houses etc
So my question is this, do they offer a discounted ticket for disabled people who are unable to go through the mazes/houses, but would like access to the HHN event?
I so hope someone here has any information, as I cannot find out anything online or with Universal HHN page direct :(

Thank you in advance :)

Hi StephK, no discounts specifically for anyone with disabilities but there are plenty of opportunities for discounted tickets to HHN with special offers, discounts to passholders, and nights priced lower than others (earlier in the event, weeknights, etc.).

Hi StephK, no discounts specifically for anyone with disabilities but there are plenty of opportunities for discounted tickets to HHN with special offers, discounts to passholders, and nights priced lower than others (earlier in the event, weeknights, etc.).

Ok thank you for getting back to me, I am not a passholder sadly, and I arrive on the 25th Oct, so can't go on the earlier days unfortunately, and typically am arriving at peak time :( I will still get tickets for the event, I just thought I would check before getting full price tickets for an event where the main focus points are the houses and mazes that I won't be going on/through :( We have a theme park near to where I live, and it offers a discounted ticket for people who just want admission to the park, but are not going on the attractions themselves. I did wonder when I couldn't find any info online whether that meant you just had to pay normal amount but thought I would double check!

Ok thank you for getting back to me, I am not a passholder sadly, and I arrive on the 25th Oct, so can't go on the earlier days unfortunately, and typically am arriving at peak time :( I will still get tickets for the event, I just thought I would check before getting full price tickets for an event where the main focus points are the houses and mazes that I won't be going on/through :( We have a theme park near to where I live, and it offers a discounted ticket for people who just want admission to the park, but are not going on the attractions themselves. I did wonder when I couldn't find any info online whether that meant you just had to pay normal amount but thought I would double check!
Going the whole night on crutches will be rough since it will be packed with people, especially when you will be there. I would say just get a wheelchair for the night. All the houses are wheelchair accessible so it can allow you to go though them as well.

Going the whole night on crutches will be rough since it will be packed with people, especially when you will be there. I would say just get a wheelchair for the night. All the houses are wheelchair accessible so it can allow you to go though them as well.

To be honest this is the first time I am having to go to Florida since having the car accident that caused me to be disabled, I have never really had to look into wheelchairs etc Where would I go to get one, and does it cost much? The car accident caused me to lose my job and we're trying to do as much as we can on a budget :(

To be honest this is the first time I am having to go to Florida since having the car accident that caused me to be disabled, I have never really had to look into wheelchairs etc Where would I go to get one, and does it cost much? The car accident caused me to lose my job and we're trying to do as much as we can on a budget :(
They rent them at the parking garage and at the entrance to the park. I am not sure how much it is.

I believe the ECV's are only available in the park (just past the entrance gate to the left by the exit/bathrooms) while the wheelchairs are available at both the park and just before the security check in the parking structure. If you plan on doing park by day and HHN by night, be warned that when my friend did that her ECV ran out of juice about halfway through the evening.

Orlando Scooter Rental | Disney World-Scooter Rentals
I have used them in the past, alot cheaper than renting a the park.
They will deliver to your hotel and pick up.