HHN Dark Rides | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Dark Rides

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 12, 2021
So what if like
  • Universal decided to license some of their properties like Dungeon of Terror and Screamhouse as classic style dark rides around the world.
  • Or, Universal decided to throw in cheap dark rides within HHN itself as a way to, I dunno, I guess fufill capacity. I’m thinking dark rides based on new concepts, not on preexisting properties.
  • This actually has nothing to do with dark rides, but I’m wondering if they could recreate the Dungeon of Terror from the early years as a day time attraction year round.

How much on a 5-1 chance could these 3 things happen? Is it a good idea to even consider it?

I would *love* for them to recreate/remodify a couple of past houses as classic bus bar dark rides (Screamhouse would probably be the most fitting). But there's about a .00000000001% chance of that ever happening.

If Universal Orlando were owned by Merlin Entertainment and was in the UK, it would be far more likely. The British theme parks love their "scary" rides for some reason (See Hex, Walking Dead: The Ride, Thirteen, and Darren Brown's Ghost Train).

But I've always wanted to see a theme park haunt or even some scream park do a simple bus bar dark ride but exclusively for haunt season with scareactors and gory effects. Also unlikely, but would be really cool!

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
New question; what are some themes you would personally pick for these types of attraction? I’d probably pick Hive with its 80s style. Probably the Spawning from 09’.