HHN 2022 (USH): Construction Thread | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022 (USH): Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well this is the earliest construction has ever started

I'm still very curious what the house with the props so big they have to go in before construction of the rest of the house will be. As he said this is something they've had props for for a few years, it makes me wonder if they are from a previous attraction. Or maybe this is something they've wanted to do for a little while, like Potter (as example, not something that I think will happen)
treatments apparently done except for possible edits down the line

IMG_2934.jpeg
Posted by theme_park_wizard on Instagram...

Seems like a CG Tent is the first maze to begin construction this year!

I like how this photo gives a great view into the maze construction/layout.

What does that mean? Like its cool they are starting now but wouldn't it be cheaper to do it later then have all this stuff taking up space for 6 months?

Part of me hopes the earlier start to construction means less black walls.
Think thats more of a budget thing than time. I'm riding on wishful thinking and saying maybe there's a lot of large set piece or elements that'll take a lot of time which would necessitate an early start.

So the shape is a very simple house-ish shape. Hm... Casey Becker's house, maybe?

2630_scream_7420%20sonoma%20mountain%20rd%20(house)_1.png

Reactions: salismetho
The pacing here really does seem unprecedented. The Parisian Courtyard was available to day guests for, what, like four months, max?

Perhaps attendance is low enough that they felt comfortable blocking it off. /shrug

I'm really with everyone else that this is surprisingly early. I'll theorize a few things:

* Getting construction early is cheaper and they decided to frontload it.
* They were concerned about getting construction done on time due to scheduling or delays so they opted to get stuff done early and let it sit instead of risking it being late (and that's strange because they have to pay the studio rent for the space).
* They plan on opening HHN early to goose attendance in the park since last year was so successful, so they are getting a headstart.
* I'm wrong about everything and it's none of those.

I'm admittedly also starting to wonder on when HHN starts this time.

They have the numbers, if last year is an indication. Perhaps starting it on September 1st for both Hollywood and Orlando could be something Comcast wants? Especially given the success of HHN30 and HHN2021? That could put the event to be from September 1st, to October 31st, giving them a full 2 month period.