HHN 2022 (USH): Construction Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022 (USH): Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Perhaps attendance is low enough that they felt comfortable blocking it off. /shrug

attendance is constantly beating predictions from what I've heard, they've been really busy spring break with the park being open 9am-10pm on weekends, longest since reopening. so i kinda doubt it's this

I hope it starts Sept 1st, that'd be awesome. A 2 solid months would be beautiful. It's crowded enough for it to show demand is there. Honestly, after Halloween is the only time it becomes a real dead zone and while I appreciate those empty nights, I can understand nobody wanting to go because "Halloween is over, Nov 1 is when Christmas starts." But if Halloween started early? That's another thing entirely!

Another round of updates.

Gotta' say it's nice seeing a full-blown facade for the CG Maze instead of a poster. The layout shown from earlier pics is pretty intriguing as well.

And is it just me, or is this one of the bigger facades the Mummy maze has gotten? It's certainly one of the taller looking ones, that's for sure.

Wow construction is moving hella fast. Last I remember, facades would come up around either April or May? Either way, it’s nice to see construction moving very quickly.
Crossing my fingers this means less black walls so they gotta get a move on. Even before Covid, I think the earliest they started was mid or late April, if I recall.
Gotta' say it's nice seeing a full-blown facade for the CG Maze instead of a poster. The layout shown from earlier pics is pretty intriguing as well.

And is it just me, or is this one of the bigger facades the Mummy maze has gotten? It's certainly one of the taller looking ones, that's for sure.
I'm thrilled to see they're stepping their facade game up. The "facade" for Hill House was pathetic beyond comprehension.

So it'll be based off the movie and not part of the Universal Classic Monsters maze series?
Interesting...
Mummy used to be a 2 story maze where the House of Horrors was. It was VERY good. I honestly don't know how they will top it, especially with a lot of those sets being permanent fixtures at that time. The only thing I can think of is this will be a bloodier spin on it, but I don't know how well that'll play, especially if it's off tone with the film.

I don't know, I'm both annoyed and excited to see how they'll pull this off. Which I guess is on brand so far with the 2022 leaks.

So it'll be based off the movie and not part of the Universal Classic Monsters maze series?
Interesting...
Mummy used to be a 2 story maze where the House of Horrors was. It was VERY good. I honestly don't know how they will top it, especially with a lot of those sets being permanent fixtures at that time. The only thing I can think of is this will be a bloodier spin on it, but I don't know how well that'll play, especially if it's off tone with the film.

I don't know, I'm both annoyed and excited to see how they'll pull this off. Which I guess is on brand so far with the 2022 leaks.

My guess is they are going to be using the Universal Monsters branding, but telling an original story much like they've done in the past. How incredible would a maze in a museum be with a Karloff-esque mummy on the loose?

In other news, the facade over at Curious George is looking closer and closer to being finished every day.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
Yeah that looks very familiar.

Interesting how the church is not positioned in the dead center of the tent. Although that bothers my OCD a lot, I can see why they would do it. Probably going to be the funeral scene, turn right, hallway of statues, turn left, entrance into the graveyard, then the tomb entrance which will be the good 'ol black hallway to go to the actual courtyard.

Hopefully they'll have something in that dead space to the right of the facade.