Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 2022 (USH): Construction Thread

I just realized what that Curious George facade reminds me of...
Alice+Cooper+maze.jpg

The new one is a little taller, but is it possible this could be a sequel house in some way? Alice Cooper's Scarecrow? The Weeknd: Welcome To My Nightmare?

I just realized what that Curious George facade reminds me of...
Alice+Cooper+maze.jpg

The new one is a little taller, but is it possible this could be a sequel house in some way? Alice Cooper's Scarecrow? The Weeknd: Welcome To My Nightmare?
20220419_131624.jpg
The New One also has a Chimney. Outhouses on the sides. Boarded up windows on the front part. And boarded up walls on the roof.

If they're trying to recreate that Facade then they're not doing a very good job. My guess is that they're just reusing the Facade Frame/Inspiration.

View attachment 16200
The New One also has a Chimney. Outhouses on the sides. Boarded up windows on the front part. And boarded up walls on the roof.

If they're trying to recreate that Facade then they're not doing a very good job. My guess is that they're just reusing the Facade Frame/Inspiration.

With the way this is shaping, it honestly looks like one of the best facades I have seen from HHN Hollywood in a while. I wonder if any corn will be added to the exterior design of the maze.

Also, going back to this photo of this tent from a while ago…
1645970540652.jpeg

I wonder if this area will be used for a scene similar to the fan favorite crow scene from HHN Orlando’s Scarecrow: The Reaping house.

Updates from a couple hours ago!

Doubt this will be HHN related but just in case, here is the western town on Falls Lake
48F37D6C-1491-48C1-9859-E60D9F65FAA6.jpeg

94950035-F089-44CE-B125-DEEBB75F7204.jpeg
Also there is most likely no construction in 29 since there is some sort of event going on in that space. 97FB2A4F-F986-4663-A9FF-74F2AB87E1F3.jpeg

Forgot to get my camera out for this on the tram but I didn’t notice anything interesting directly behind 29. Just torn up pavement and a very small pile of wood. Don’t think it’s HHN related.

Last edited:
From the IU bois:

And, from Park-Journey:

What's the most fascinating bit, is as @HHNManics has seemingly been able to figure, Curious George 2 seems to have similarities to that from the 2014 American Werewolf in London maze in a way.

The facades are coming along nicely, while the Mummy facade isn't what we thought it could be, it's still looking nice so far, and pretty darn big, too!
The tentative Scarecrow facade honestly looks great, and Parisian is definitely a dead ringer for La Llorona. (No pun intended.) Though I'm intrigued to see if they add more to the sides of it or go with the black wall approach to wall things off.

As for the second CG maze, like what happened with La Llorona, it should be pretty definitive if it's AWIL once the facade goes up.

The facades are coming along nicely, while the Mummy facade isn't what we thought it could be, it's still looking nice so far, and pretty darn big, too!
The tentative Scarecrow facade honestly looks great, and Parisian is definitely a dead ringer for La Llorona. (No pun intended.) Though I'm intrigued to see if they add more to the sides of it or go with the black wall approach to wall things off.

As for the second CG maze, like what happened with La Llorona, it should be pretty definitive if it's AWIL once the facade goes up.

It looks like an outer wall blocking off the internals of the maze is present for La Llorona. Even if it's missionary brick/concrete, I wouldn't mind that if it helps things out.

Does anyone have a good photo of those "stairs" in the second Curious George tent?

Update: Hang on, I found a good photo of the "stairs" in the 4th photo of this Instagram post...

I believe those are stairs. The angle is a little too low to be a stepladder.

If it is Candyman, then something really bizarre must've happened behind the scenes for both coasts to not be sharing valuable IP.

Square building, an upper window on either side, a very slanted roof, that is unmistakably the Slaughtered Lamb. If a chimney appears in the center, that'll make it even more obvious. Either way, I can 100% say that is AWIL.

I thought so at first too, but then I looked at some photos and realized that the Cabrini Green Rowhouses featured in Candyman have slanted roofs too:

Candyman.jpg

The upper windows are throwing me off, but I still think there's a decent chance this is Candyman.