Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hilton Universal City

Dec 16, 2014
Hi!

I am planning our next tour to L.A. in September 16. It looks like the Hilton prices are THREE TIMES higher compared to the past 4 years we stayed there! Sheraton seems to be the same... Do you have any idea about the reason for that? Travelling dates would be Aug. 31 - Sept. 06.

Greetings from Germany

Daniel

I'm not sure, possibly because students aren't back in school yet? It's going to be more expensive booking through the hotels directly rather than a third party. I've booked my orlando hotel through cheaptickets.com, they usually have a promo code on there somewhere for an additional 20% off and free cancelation for at least a couple weeks before your stay.

Allia

The hotels for Universal have never been Theme Park friendly.  There could be a convention going on during that time which is not park related.  Sadly, hotel options for USH are still very undesirable.

That is really horrible... What about the planned Universal Hotel? Are there any news so far? I am not willing to pay 2.000+ USD for a Six Night Stay in a hotel where the elevators won't work... There should really be alternatives USH used to be working on.

Daniel

I'm considering a Spring Break trip and was thinking about staying again at the Hilton and noticed quite a hike from the price we paid 4 months ago and my thoughts boil down to this: Harry Potter. It's all about supply and demand, right? More people wanting to stay nearby and willing to pay for it. I've already started looking elsewhere as I just can't justify paying so much more. What we paid back in September was actually a little bit more than what I'm usually comfortable paying anyway.