Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

I'm not sure how I feel about this...

On one hand, it would be awesome to have a coaster in USF.

On the second hand, I think it would 1) totally kill the theming in the production central area, and 2) I think it would hurt Halloween Horror Nights in the long run. It makes it more difficult to reach the soundstages if there is a coaster in the way. Stupid things that stick out to me.

The positives are it's something new, it's a coaster, and it can help shorten lines throughout the park. I don't know.

Supposedly this coaster is going to have an amazing theme. I have heard its a bttf style of time travel thing through universals past attractions.

I need to know more.... would somebody be kind enough to direct me to a site with information? I would be all for a coaster, assuming there is good theming and the positives WAAAY outweigh the negatives.

i heard its gonna have a 0-124 mph start like on the hulk...then drop 400 ft straight down...backwards...youll be able to do this while stopping at starbucks for a quick coffee in their express drive thru...something about going through a ring of fire and doing a 40 bus jump....and there was more but i dont want to give out all the details!

oh one last minor detail...its called project rumble...cause the entire coaster will be built on a moving platform...so it will be like your experiencing an earthquake while riding a super coaster!!!!!!

If people want thrills they go to Six Flags. If people want theming they go to UO or WDW. I am against this.

I agree with you 100%. I really hope this does not happen. They have IoA for their thrills. No need bringing that crap over to US.

I am totally against it. I mean, what does it even have to do with being in New York??

I'm pretty sure that an ancient temple (Revenge of the Mummy) has nothing to do with New York, unless the very beginning with the artifacts are in a museum in NYC.

What's with people worrying about theming? To be honest, there isn't much "theming" in the whole park (except for San Fran/Amityville). The theming in IOA is so unique and strong, however.

Correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

I'm more worried about the theming of the ride, not the section it is in. Even SFGADV has some greatly themed sections, but no stories for their rides.

I'm pretty sure that an ancient temple (Revenge of the Mummy) has nothing to do with New York, unless the very beginning with the artifacts are in a museum in NYC.
Yeah, well, The Mummy is supposed to be a movie set for the next mummy movie, but it turns out to actually be cursed. But I guess you're right about San Fransisco/Amity. I wouldn't really care anyway, my US already stinks. :lol:

Screamscape had this little update yesterday.

A number of new permits have been filed for Project Rumble lately: “Project Rumble Media” to David Kuida, “Offboard Surveillance System” to Technomedia, “Onboard Lighting, Audio and Power” to Show Systems Integrators, “Project Rumble Trusses” to Universal Manufacturing Corporation as well as another contract to Magic Carpet for “Project Rumble Conveyor Belt System”.

Magic Carpet for “Project Rumble Conveyor Belt System”.
That's damn interesting right there. Does that rule out the possibility of a coaster or am I looking too much into it? Don't know any coasters that load with a conveyor belt. :lol: When I think conveyor belt I think of Haunted Mansion, Nemo, Peter Pan, etc. Interesting. They need a dark ride, which is what I'm really hoping for.

It sounds great, but the same time sorta eh. It sounds like a great coaster, but just the theme of it is what Im concerned with. I can't even tell where this coaster is gonna make its entrance. The promo pic looks nothing like Universal.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the name, but I like a good coaster as much as the next guy, so I'm looking forward to that aspect of it. I guess we can expect some big changes to the Boneyard and BMG entrance area when construction for this thing starts.

I wonder if construction will have any impact on the use of the soundstages for HHN?

Last edited: