Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 244 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't this be Top Thrill Dragster? It definitely fits the description.

Let's hope. Screamscape was mentioning Zamperla but at least Premier has experience with LSM launches. RRR just seems like a coaster that was neutered before it could ever get going. The trims and everything kill the pacing of the ride. They should have made the hills arch higher rather than having to install brake runs. Or something.

Reactions: shiekra38
They should have made the hills arch higher rather than having to install brake runs. Or something.
If they did that the ride would run two trains and the line would be 6 hours. I still think comparing RRR to just any regular coaster isn't fair since it has a unique moving platform and the ride is designed to eat tons of people via short trains while still providing a fun coaster experience. It's not for everyone but that's OK. I find the multiple block breaks with a pop of airtime coming out of them kind of fun actually. It's not the best coaster out there by any stretch and sure, it has plenty of flaws but (as many people have said) the general public likes it. It's thrilling and looks "scary" without being too intense for people.

It's thrilling and looks "scary" without being too intense for people.
The G's pulled in the treble clef element alone kind of go against this point

"It's not for everyone and that's ok" is never an excuse for a bad design.

The ride is borderline wooden coaster rough in certain cars, has a very strange layout, terrible restraints,

and really doesn't add much to Studios other than being a quick attendance booster pre-Potter

I have a feeling Rockit would do much worse in GSATs if it were just a few feet away in IOA

There are much much better "It's not for you" options out there

Last edited:
Reactions: SkiBum
I don't mean to be that guy, but I know from personal experience that the general public loves Rockit. Maybe it's not a classic or an amazing coaster, but it's far from a bad ride. Tons of people come off with a smile or go for rerides. I see it everyday at work. It's always a bit jarring when I see someone trashing Rockit after working all day with it lol

I don't mean to be that guy, but I know from personal experience that the general public loves Rockit. Maybe it's not a classic or an amazing coaster, but it's far from a bad ride. Tons of people come off with a smile or go for rerides. I see it everyday at work. It's always a bit jarring when I see someone trashing Rockit after working all day with it lol
This can't be the first time you've seen someone say something negative about Rockit

Also, there are some significant issues to the ride experience that have been well documented since the rides opening

It's one of the weaker coasters in Florida, which I will admit is a tough market to be in if you're a mid-level coaster

I don't think anyone has said it's "bad" necessarily, could I see it re-imagined or replaced with something better, easily

This can't be the first time you've seen someone say something negative about Rockit

Also, there are some significant issues to the ride experience that have been well documented since the rides opening

It's one of the weaker coasters in Florida, which I will admit is a tough market to be in if you're a mid-level coaster

I don't think anyone has said it's "bad" necessarily, could I see it re-imagined or replaced with something better, easily
Oh it's far from the first time. I'm just saying there's a big disconnect from what I see online compared to real life. It's a complete 180.

Honestly I'm not too mad since the secret menu is there, and I like the idea of just having one really, really good track for each genre. Too many songs make it seem like more of a gimmick than something that actually adds to the experience in my mind.

I also have to wonder if there were complaints/loading delays associated with the multiple song selection, so maybe this is a reaction to help streamline the operation.

I also have to wonder if there were complaints/loading delays associated with the multiple song selection, so maybe this is a reaction to help streamline the operation.

It's been open for 15 years lol

My hopeful conspiracy theory is they don't want to pay royalties for songs anymore and will signal the end of the ride.

Easy way to save on costs, even if it's a small number