Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul

Overall this IMO is an extremely well balanced expansion. Its offering something for everyone in the family and is utilizing 2 brands that will sell a BUTT TON of merchandise and front gate tickets.
Couldn't agree more. I can't see where any hate for this project could possibly come from. Aside from the 2 IPs aimed at different audiences, they are getting a unique castle as well. The only thing that could become an issue with that is that their main street was built to scale to the smaller-DL Style Castle, so making the Castle bigger could throw things out of wack.

I find it odd and sad that they are cloning FEA. Hopefully they will have reworked it's capacity issues. Cloning an operational nightmare doesn't make a lot of sense.
Where is it said that they are Cloning FEA? What I take from the concept art is that this will be the version that got scrapped from Tokyo.

How does the HKDL ownership work? It seems that Disney is usually pretty stingy when they have to foot the bill. But, when somebody else is footing the bill (Tokyo), more money seems to be spent.

How does the HKDL ownership work? It seems that Disney is usually pretty stingy when they have to foot the bill. But, when somebody else is footing the bill (Tokyo), more money seems to be spent.
The HK government owns more than 50%, I know that.

And they are jealous of Shanghai.

Frozen appears and sounds like the rejected TDS version, which isn't bad but should be considered when mentioning this. Marvel land replacing Tomorrowland is interesting bit of development and I wonder if all Timorrowlands will disappear now (excluding WDW and maybe DL).
Sorry, what's TDS?

AN66SAxtwP49AES4h2PQVKSTkoTnXoItVn7O1gulWQ=s88-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Hong Kong Main Street Gazette l 大街小報

【4K】181130 Tomorrowland MARVEL Super Hero Attractions
Construction Update at Hong Kong Disneyland

Hong Kong Disneyland Tomorrowland MARVEL Super Hero Attraction
"Ant-Man and The Wasp:Nano Battle" Construction Update

Zrjk_x34_bigger.jpg
Courtesy of Disney M. K. Blog @DMK_Blog

On the opening date of the new “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle” #Marvel attraction,
the admission tickets of #HKDL will change with new design of #AntMan and #TheWasp.
It will become a must-have collectables of avid Marvel fans!

#Disney #NanoBattle #蟻俠與黃蜂女擊戰特攻
DwZCxnwVsAA8fx2.jpg

.​