Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hotel Transfers?

Jun 21, 2016
I should know this but it’s late and my brain isn’t working. We arrive late on Friday and are headed to cabana bay via driver. Then switching to royal pacific the next day.

I’m pretty sure I can just call bell services and get bags switched- but for Express passes- can JUST myself go over to RP and check us in and get Express? It’s on hotel key now, right? So I can just head over there while wife and kids head to the park.

Just planning it out.

You can get the RP express passes early in the morning , even if your room isn't available yet. If it's a slow day your room might even be ready real early. A couple of times we got lucky & we had rooms when we arrived at 9:00 AM at Portofino. I think the latest we ever had to wait for a room to be ready was around 2:00PM. .....But if they're still doing photos,and haven't switched to keys entirely for Express, every one will have to be at the hotel to get the Express Pass. Probably best to call ahead to see if they've settled on the key system for Express.

Last edited:
I should know this but it’s late and my brain isn’t working. We arrive late on Friday and are headed to cabana bay via driver. Then switching to royal pacific the next day.

I’m pretty sure I can just call bell services and get bags switched- but for Express passes- can JUST myself go over to RP and check us in and get Express? It’s on hotel key now, right? So I can just head over there while wife and kids head to the park.

Just planning it out.

curious how the transfer went. I am looking at doing the same type of transfer. From cabana bay to hard rock. Just wondering how it works. Did you need to call a cab to get to the new hotel? Did they transfer your luggage for you? I know Disney will, but they have a huge baggage program with the magical express etc.

When we were at Sapphire, moving to Portofino, the desk clerk said they would transfer our baggage to Potofino for us. But we had a car so we didn't utilize the service.

curious how the transfer went. I am looking at doing the same type of transfer. From cabana bay to hard rock. Just wondering how it works. Did you need to call a cab to get to the new hotel? Did they transfer your luggage for you? I know Disney will, but they have a huge baggage program with the magical express etc.

The short of it is- if I had to do it over again, I’d spend the extra $80 night one and not transfer. That said- yes, they did- kind of.

They transferred the luggage- but I had to take it to bell services (they wouldn’t get from room)- and they were pretty confused and had to ask manager, who gave it the ok. So if they say no at bell services, you’d have to ask for manager.

No transportation. In the evening there is, of course- with dining- resort to resort. But for the opening transfer you’d have to go to park via bus, then walk to hard rock (or boat to hard rock). I ubered. It was maybe $8.

So doing it again- I’d either just uber and take luggage with me and save myself the trouble. Or just stay at the hard rock.

This maybe a dumb question, but with a dining reservation, do UOR therefore transfer you between hotels by car??

It’s a van. You don’t actually need a dining reservation either.

Also- you might need to check if sapphire and cabana do it. I know for a fact the deluxes fun a van between them.

It’s a van. You don’t actually need a dining reservation either.

Also- you might need to check if sapphire and cabana do it. I know for a fact the deluxes fun a van between them.

Brilliant. Thx. I had no idea.

The short of it is- if I had to do it over again, I’d spend the extra $80 night one and not transfer. That said- yes, they did- kind of.

They transferred the luggage- but I had to take it to bell services (they wouldn’t get from room)- and they were pretty confused and had to ask manager, who gave it the ok. So if they say no at bell services, you’d have to ask for manager.

No transportation. In the evening there is, of course- with dining- resort to resort. But for the opening transfer you’d have to go to park via bus, then walk to hard rock (or boat to hard rock). I ubered. It was maybe $8.

So doing it again- I’d either just uber and take luggage with me and save myself the trouble. Or just stay at the hard rock.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we will be crashing at an airport hotel. There seems to be no benefit in the universal hotel shuffle compared to the airport/universal hotel shuffle.