Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Housekeeping & Updates

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Hey Admins & Mods-

Is it possible to update topic titles periodically? I know it might sound silly, but it would probably be a good idea to (if possible) update some of the topic titles as the status of the projects change. There are a bunch of topic titles that need updating ("Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue To Get Updated", "Dudley Condition 5-27-12", "Spice Road Table Coming to Morroco", etc.).

I know in the grand scheme of things they are minor, but they go a long way to making a site look more "professional" to casual observers, which also goes a long way in making a fan site more of a legitimate news source in the eyes of a park rather than being a bunch of kids complaining and daydreaming. With that legitimacy can come inclusion in media events, etc...

Just my 2 cents as someone who enjoys the discussion here and has been involved with several other park fan sites. :cheers:

You're absolutely right. I can just imagine Unviersal PR getting their media list together and thinking "Well I really want to invite Orlando United, but their forum discussion of 'Dudley Condition 5-27-12', the title irks me.. Nah, keep em off the list.".

Smartassery aside, yes some of the names can be updated, like Dudley. The other 2, you can make a case for the title. However when we are busy trying to update the main site, work on future additions to the main site, make sure the forums are in order, record a podcast, get advertisers, plan ahead, and moderate the forums, all while trying to balance a real life... in can get a little lost in the shuffle.

To answer your question though, yes, we plan on combing through the forums in the coming weeks and taking care of clean-up. We do it every year around this time.

lol, so predictable. Someone brings up a valid suggestion and BriMan, feeling his authority has been questioned, goes on a tangent. :ears:

You know what, actually I'm sorry. Going back and reading it, I can see how it comes across. I guess that's what happens when I don't have my morning coffee. :lol:

FWIW, I didn't completely disagree with you, but I did chuckle at the "Media Invite" reason, which prompted that response.

As far as "my authority", I can say that anyone who knows me can vouch for saying I don't rule with an iron fist, and am pretty open to change/corrections if it makes sense. Either way, my response to him had nothing to do with my authority feeling "questioned". In fact, I can't think of another reason where my "authority being questioned" was ever a reason for a post in the past. If you can please point it out, I'd appreciate it, because it's never my point behind a post (unless things get completely out of hand)

When I load your site starting today, every so often I get a pop up authentication box that says, "https://client-projects.com" and that I must log in with a user and password. Anyone know what this is all about?

Ok, I will assume that you people are aware of the issues you introduced with the website forums update today. Icons are overlapping text, Reps have changed to "Likes" I guess, and then there are the curious three colored bars on every user that restarts points of some kind. What are those? Seems silly.

Last edited:
To me it seems as if everything is too stretched. Also, when I click on 'quick reply' it takes me to the advanced editor with a message that I have already posted this.

Liking the changes Bri, Overall theme and colour scheme is much more modern in appearance.

Bravo Bri & the OU team :thumbs:

Edit.

One or two kinks to iron out though I guess. Also noticed that the site wont save an edited post unless I go to advanced (as posted my a member previously). Minor teething problems though.

Last edited:
Liking the changes Bri, Overall theme and colour scheme is much more modern in appearance.

Bravo Bri & the OU team :thumbs:

Edit.

One or two kinks to iron out though I guess. Also noticed that the site wont save an edited post unless I go to advanced (as posted my a member previously). Minor teething problems though.

Fixed :thumbs:

I think we've talked about being able to 'like' a post for forevere haha, I love it...I wouldn't mind seeing it attached to the post a little more now (seems very separated)...by the way I switched back to the "old school" skin of the forums...the new is sooo much better

I'm going to add that I love the new look. Thanks for all you do BriMan and staff!