Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How do you become a Universal Studios Hollywood Park Employee?

Dec 31, 2014
California
Alright, I know this may look ridiculous but I would like help from anyone who has had experience as a USH or UOR park employee.

I want to work for USH park this summer but not sure if I will be considered. This would be my first job, but I really want (and sorta need) to work there. Ultimately, my goal is to be a universal creative intern (but that's another story). 

Anyone with prior experience of working at USH can you please tell me how your process was into applying and getting the job.

And anyone who wasn't an employee but has good tips on applying or interviews, I'd be happy to hear

:)  

Thanks to anyone who will help me!!!

Hey!

Good luck applying! This link will be your best friend:

http://www.ushjobs.com/

I have a lot of friends who currently work or have worked in different levels of employment at USH, from ride operators, greeters, as well as entertainment, etc. I personally have auditioned to be a tour guide before.

We have quite a few forum members who currently or previously worked at USH, so they'll be able to give you good advice as well. As with any job interview, just be committed, pleasant, professional, and show that you want the job. The link I provided will definitely help. Good luck!

Hey!

Good luck applying! This link will be your best friend:

http://www.ushjobs.com/

I have a lot of friends who currently work or have worked in different levels of employment at USH, from ride operators, greeters, as well as entertainment, etc. I personally have auditioned to be a tour guide before.

We have quite a few forum members who currently or previously worked at USH, so they'll be able to give you good advice as well. As with any job interview, just be committed, pleasant, professional, and show that you want the job. The link I provided will definitely help. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your encouragement, and advice. I checked the link, do they only hire during April the first 6 months of the year? I want to know because I go to college and get out in June is it still possible to get a job during that time. I don't know if they consider summer as a seasonal time.  

Thank you so much for your encouragement, and advice. I checked the link, do they only hire during April the first 6 months of the year? I want to know because I go to college and get out in June is it still possible to get a job during that time. I don't know if they consider summer as a seasonal time.  
It is very possible to get a job between April and June, in fact the latter is right around the time they stop hiring for the summer season. However, the only "seasonal" jobs are HHN ones. Otherwise it's fine if you want to jump ship at the end of summer, they are kind of expecting it but don't say it during your interview!

USH interviews are always held in quasi-group fashion. My experience was odder, luckier and different than others' may have been due to the extraordinary circumstances. Just keep relaxed, as they try to make it a very relaxed, easy interview. If you don't like pressure, I'd recommend trying for anything that's not being a ride operator. (Tour guides, like Allan said, are held in separate auditions every year or so) Ride ops are selected via a separate group audition, where they take 30 people in a room and choose five of them based on observation and group leadership.

Otherwise from what I know you generally get a call back from your highest selected department (food, janitorial, entertainment, etc.) who have you come down for an individual interview at the staffing center. Just act polished and prepared, and have a good sense of humor. They are looking vigilantly for people persons.

I can imagine they will hire heavily around March and April.  I was once an employee and have also attempted to return, but the offerings are no longer beneficial to my life.  Its a great job for when you have school during the summer.  However, Union requirements can be a bit of a headache.  Good luck.

Thanks guys. I really hope I can get the job when I don't have to take classes. I want the experience because well, it would be fun and so I can start to have a strong relation with them for my future. I should really start thinking what position I want to/can take on...  

Thanks guys. I really hope I can get the job when I don't have to take classes. I want the experience because well, it would be fun and so I can start to have a strong relation with them for my future. I should really start thinking what position I want to/can take on...
Be energetic and exciting when you audition (there's an interview and auction), and you'll have no problem getting hired.