Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How do you handle peak days?

Don't mean control, but have some medication. Medication is available for anxiety disorders...

I'll say it again though, every disability and disorder is different for everyone...and some medications work differently on everyone. That's why the system that Universal has works, it applys to many forms

I've got to take meds for anxiety issues, but it's not as if a magical bubble is formed around me to create a safe environment for myself. It really varies for everyone, but I'm very thankful for Universal's Guest Assistance passes.

I am staunchly against medication for myself as it goes against my martial arts creed, but I support it for others. I can normally handle crowds if I have someone with me or if I can navigate myself out quickly. But sometimes with unfamiliar places or situations I get scared or confused easily and it gets ugly.

At universal I'm generally ok but in summer, the crowds can be a little overwhelming. The option of the assistance pass is comforting to know of.

I generally recommend early morning visits for others with similar problems, or going on a weekday. It's also a good idea to study the layout online ahead of time to learn about all the large open spaces and exits in case of an anxiety attack. Another good thing to do is to read the ADA manual on the website to get a detailed description on each ride and show for possible triggers such as fire effects, gun noises, smoke, or darkness. Really useful tool!

Last edited by a moderator:
This. The only way to get the password is if you're lucky enough to be there when it breaks down.

Also: a common misconception is that passwords are reused. This is 100% false. New passwords are used everyday, so don't approach NEST crew and yell at them "Bonecrusher!" ...you uh, won't get in.
May You Please Explain To Me The "Password" System? What Are The Benefits? How Do You Get Them?

Team members come up with a new "password" every day. If you somehow retrieve the password and say it to them at the ride's entrance, they'll let you cut the regular queue. Whatever you do, don't go up to a team member at the entrance and start yelling random words. Not only will you not get in, but you'll look crazy.  :lol:

Just FYI for the month of May, only Revenge of the Mummy and Jurassic Park have passwords. Transformers is currently going without, and may drop the system entirely for peak season.
I really think they should drop the password system for peak and just hand out a Gate A paper pass to one member of each party if there's a breakdown. People tend to go around and tell lots of others the passwords of the day.

I went with friends on the Studio Tour once about 2 hours before the park closed, and the tour ended up taking WAY longer than usual for whatever reason. By the time the tour ended, we had 20 mins until park closing time! Eventually, a team member came to every guest getting off the tram and apologized, and handed each party a little slip that gave us front of the line access to the listed rides, as well as free drinks to every member of the party.

That'd be a little too generous to give guests if there was a breakdown for a ride, but couldn't they give out something similar?

I went with friends on the Studio Tour once about 2 hours before the park closed, and the tour ended up taking WAY longer than usual for whatever reason. By the time the tour ended, we had 20 mins until park closing time! Eventually, a team member came to every guest getting off the tram and apologized, and handed each party a little slip that gave us front of the line access to the listed rides, as well as free drinks to every member of the party.

That'd be a little too generous to give guests if there was a breakdown for a ride, but couldn't they give out something similar?
They do hand out something similar on occasion, with varying level of restriction. Some are just for Gate A on the studio tour, some are for one time Gate A access to any ride or show of your choosing, some are for one time use at any ride or show except for Transformers or The Simpsons. Depends on what they have on hand at the time.  (I will confess that I have about 6 of them from different trips stored in my AP lanyard behind my pass, waiting for use in the summer) 

They do hand out something similar on occasion, with varying level of restriction. Some are just for Gate A on the studio tour, some are for one time Gate A access to any ride or show of your choosing, some are for one time use at any ride or show except for Transformers or The Simpsons. Depends on what they have on hand at the time.  (I will confess that I have about 6 of them from different trips stored in my AP lanyard behind my pass, waiting for use in the summer) 

Haha! Not a bad idea. My friends and I were eager to use the pass at the time, though - it was freezing and, like I said, we had 20 mins left in the park. I can't remember what attraction we skipped the line for, but we did get lots of hot chocolate. So worth it.

Speaking of the Annual Pass, what lanyard do you have? Just curious.  :rolleyes:

Haha! Not a bad idea. My friends and I were eager to use the pass at the time, though - it was freezing and, like I said, we had 20 mins left in the park. I can't remember what attraction we skipped the line for, but we did get lots of hot chocolate. So worth it.

Speaking of the Annual Pass, what lanyard do you have? Just curious.  :rolleyes:
I'm kind of breaking the rules since they're supposed to be for same day use... >_> 

I have a Buy A Day Get A Year pass, with the basic black lanyard it came on. But I went and bought a TMNT lanyard with all four turtles on it, which is what I use. I want the JP camo lanyard from the Jurassic Outfitters but the camo print is too much like Lost World merchandise so I keep refusing to buy it...

I'm kind of breaking the rules since they're supposed to be for same day use... >_> 

I have a Buy A Day Get A Year pass, with the basic black lanyard it came on. But I went and bought a TMNT lanyard with all four turtles on it, which is what I use. I want the JP camo lanyard from the Jurassic Outfitters but the camo print is too much like Lost World merchandise so I keep refusing to buy it...
Haha! You could always think of the JP jeeps rather than The Lost World, but I guess it depends.   :p  Don't they have any other JP lanyards (that aren't cheesy)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, that's why I love when rides break down at USH, they hand you those Gate A passes that I save. Since I'm an AP member, I'm not mad that I'm stuck on the ride, I can ride it any other day haha. And I get to look around while the ride broke. Win win situation :)

I've only ever been stuck on the Mummy and JP. I've been stuck right before the t-rex's appearance twice at the drop and we're just sitting there with the climactic music and the red lights flashing everywhere and smoke and mist lurking near the boat. The first time it happened, I thought the ride actually stopped and we'd have to get out or something. The robotic woman's voice counted down and everything, but we just sat there and the t-rex never came out. There weren't any boats behind us to my knowledge, either. My sister was pretty freaked out, but she just doesn't enjoy the ride in general (we usually get seated with "larger" guests in our row, and the safety bar doesn't come down all the way for her). Eventually we got moved forward, the t-rex came out, but the music never came on again. Kinda odd.