Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How do you handle peak days?

I've only ever been stuck on the Mummy and JP. I've been stuck right before the t-rex's appearance twice at the drop and we're just sitting there with the climactic music and the red lights flashing everywhere and smoke and mist lurking near the boat. The first time it happened, I thought the ride actually stopped and we'd have to get out or something. The robotic woman's voice counted down and everything, but we just sat there and the t-rex never came out. There weren't any boats behind us to my knowledge, either. My sister was pretty freaked out, but she just doesn't enjoy the ride in general (we usually get seated with "larger" guests in our row, and the safety bar doesn't come down all the way for her). Eventually we got moved forward, the t-rex came out, but the music never came on again. Kinda odd.
That happens more often than not. While that's not how the ride should be, that's very normal...in a weird way haha. Basically when there's too many boats dispatched too soon one after the other, certain effects don't have time to reset. So if the boat before you JUST went down, you'll be stuck there for a little bit

That also happens when there are too many boats backed up in the loading station. They don't want you going through the drop if there's too many boats down there.

Yeah, I've noticed that when I'm down by the splashdown zone waiting to see boats come down. I'll see one after another after another, and then the next one doesn't come down for another 3-4 mins. Same issue happens with the Mummy - when too many ride vehicles are sent off into the ride itself, there's a huge backup at the ending, ruining the whole effect (not that it's really worth experiencing). What I like about rides like FJ or TF is that the ride vehicles are moving along with a conveyor belt to keep things moving along. Very snappy and effective process in my opinion.

Yeah, Bob Dylan is right. When it's running smoothly, it loading and unloading is very fast. But when one little thing goes wrong, the entire ride gets backed up. It's because its so complicated with it being two levels and the ride vehicles can move on if one area isn't working because anotger vehicle is there and it's all intertwined lol

Yeah, Bob Dylan is right. When it's running smoothly, it loading and unloading is very fast. But when one little thing goes wrong, the entire ride gets backed up. It's because its so complicated with it being two levels and the ride vehicles can move on if one area isn't working because anotger vehicle is there and it's all intertwined lol
That has never happened to me... lucky me I guess... and to be honest I never knew it was two levels... where do they lift you?

There's a giant elevator system in the scene where you first meet Optimus and the projection and elevator are synchronized. You leave the elevator when that one decepticon gets cut in half by the train. Look behind u, ull see how it works

You go back to the lower level once you hit Megatron with the Allspark and fall down the building. Once Bumblebee puts you down after catching you, you're back on the first floor.

You go back to the lower level once you hit Megatron with the Allspark and fall down the building. Once Bumblebee puts you down after catching you, you're back on the first floor.
You actually go down... ingenious... though it would be better if you actually felt the fall... like a sudden one...

I've only ever been stuck on the Mummy and JP. I've been stuck right before the t-rex's appearance twice at the drop and we're just sitting there with the climactic music and the red lights flashing everywhere and smoke and mist lurking near the boat. The first time it happened, I thought the ride actually stopped and we'd have to get out or something. The robotic woman's voice counted down and everything, but we just sat there and the t-rex never came out. There weren't any boats behind us to my knowledge, either. My sister was pretty freaked out, but she just doesn't enjoy the ride in general (we usually get seated with "larger" guests in our row, and the safety bar doesn't come down all the way for her). Eventually we got moved forward, the t-rex came out, but the music never came on again. Kinda odd.
"I've only ever been stuck on the Mummy and JP"

Same Here, I got stuck on Jurassic Park Near The Drop So, The Voice said "5,4,3,2,1" I got stuck there for about 15 seconds, and I was a bit scared since it was just before the drop. As Of The Mummy, I got stuck on the end when the lighting strikes, after that we just stayed there for a couple of minutes but when the door opened, i saw a lot of "carts" in front of me.

These are how I get by.

This ones from back in the early 2000's

All access ride pass and shows.

IMAG1082 by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

Limted access to some rides and shows/ free drink/ free game

'

IMAG1081 by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

Current Limed ride access. All rides Except Transformers and Simpsons

IMAG1084(1) by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

Current all access passes are blue just as blue one above. Limited to 5. If i get more i will post

Last edited by a moderator:
Pass that were created before 2012 are all in valid now so dont try. LOL

Yea i forgot i had this one and just kept it as a memento.
I'll still try. I can just say a cast member gave it to me :p besides, I actually DID get another similar pass that mentions T23D a few months back. Ill give it a shot and report back :)

Definitely a bad idea haha.

There are some careless team members, and then there are some team members that make your trip unforgettable. No matter how nice or rude they are, I'm always super polite with them because there's a high chance of me seeing them on my next trip! I ended up making friends with a team member who works at the Mummy photo station and he gave me a free download code the last time I went. Super cool guy!  :D

^me too! I've been seeing for years at the Mummy photo station and always say hi and he knows me and he remembers my family and we make small talk haha. He's a larger guy who kinda looks like a Husky dog. I forgot his name. Very chill guy. Gave me a free download code as well once!

Another fav cast member who I'm not sure if he works in the park in the park anymore was a Lead cast member at T23D. Met him in like 2009 and always saw him over the years on all my visits either at T2 or at the Guest Questions kiosks USH has set up on the upper and lower lot. Black fella, name is Andre. Always told me to use T2's Gate A entrance and just mention his name :) super nice guy, always remembered me and anyone who came with me. Wish more people were like him.

^me too! I've been seeing for years at the Mummy photo station and always say hi and he knows me and he remembers my family and we make small talk haha. He's a larger guy who kinda looks like a Husky dog. I forgot his name. Very chill guy. Gave me a free download code as well once!

Another fav cast member who I'm not sure if he works in the park in the more was a Lead cast member at T23D. Met him in like 2009 and always saw him either ar T2 or around those Guest Questions kiosks on the upper and lower lot. Black fella, name is Andre. Always told me to use T2's Gate A entrance and just mention his name :) super nice guy.
I think we know the same guy!  :lol: He always recognizes me because I always wear my bright, yellow Homer sweatshirt with a Kwik-E-Mart name tag (with my name on it, of course).

I'm gonna refrain from saying his name just in case he gets in any type of trouble. He saved me a good $16 or so!