E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having been on the ride a few weeks ago, I have to admit that I didn't notice anything that jumped out at me as not functioning correctly... other than the final E.T., who did not say my name (or the names of anybody else in my group).

Other than that, I thought everything looked and sounded fine. But as someone who only gets to visit every few years, I don't have all the intricate details of the ride committed to memory, so I guess it's possible that stuff wasn't working and I just didn't notice.

Having been on the ride a few weeks ago, I have to admit that I didn't notice anything that jumped out at me as not functioning correctly... other than the final E.T., who did not say my name (or the names of anybody else in my group).

Other than that, I thought everything looked and sounded fine. But as someone who only gets to visit every few years, I don't have all the intricate details of the ride committed to memory, so I guess it's possible that stuff wasn't working and I just didn't notice.
Ya this is where I'm at. In September all looked and worked great. Smells and all :)

Question to all of you who rode recently? Were they loading both sides? When i went in October they were only loading one platform and with express passes it took forever.

Reactions: tankart150
Question to all of you who rode recently? Were they loading both sides? When i went in October they were only loading one platform and with express passes it took forever.
I remember only 1 side and the wait was 25 min and felt like 25. So likely had the same issue you had

Both sides again. They closed one side a few weeks back to install buffer rail things at the exit to keep the RV from rocking coming into the station I believe. But both should be back open now.

Was there the week of Jan 13th. Depending on the day they used both sides or only one side. I believe that at the end of the week they were loading only from the Standby side.

Both sides when I was there in November & Jan./Feb. They had one side a couple of times but that was in the morning when lines were short. We ride this a lot on every vacation. Most of the time most everything works well but every now & then you get a ride where stuff is a little wonky. Must have some type of reset problems. So, if you just ride once and you get a wonky ride that may be an aberration. Like on SpiderMan where the film gets wonky and stops every now and then.

I need some help. I could have sworn that the cityscape we fly over is referred to as Vista City but I can't seem to find a reference to it online. Did I just imagine this or is it really a thing?