The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | Inside Universal Forums

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, They've actually been working on this behind the scenes for a couple of years. It's always been the plan. Just official now.
Oh I know. Susan Collins had to write the book so they could make the movie. Book actually still isn't out yet.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's basically a slightly altered Fantastic Beasts situation.

Just as long as they focus on a self-contained story, I think it will turn out fine. Then again, it does star the main villain of The Hunger Games...

Just hope it's not another Crimes of Grindelwald.

A story on how Panem got to where it is now and how quickly evil leadership can infiltrate is kind of interesting

I just hope they don't go the "Snow was bullied in high school" route
I hope they don’t go the Fantastic Beasts route and try to make 5 movies out of this...

I get the feeling they'll try to have it as a trilogy, focusing on the ascension and moves that Snow makes to become the President of Panem. And if they do, and this film starts a series of more political action/dramas set in the Capitol and other districts, I'd be completely on-board for this.

I very much enjoyed all of the films, and even read the books; and if they are going more darker with the tone on this, and with the focus more on expanding the lore and backstory of the Capitol, then there can be a lot of potential.

Reactions: QuackQuackQuack
I suspect there will be some love interest that ends up in the games that twists him.

I get the feeling they'll try to have it as a trilogy, focusing on the ascension and moves that Snow makes to become the President of Panem. And if they do, and this film starts a series of more political action/dramas set in the Capitol and other districts, I'd be completely on-board for this.

I very much enjoyed all of the films, and even read the books; and if they are going more darker with the tone on this, and with the focus more on expanding the lore and backstory of the Capitol, then there can be a lot of potential.
The tentative plan is to do one filming and get two films out of it. Then make another decision when they're closer to the first release.

I hope they don’t go the Fantastic Beasts route and try to make 5 movies out of this...

This is Lionsgate. They have a history of milking franchises with unnecessary narrative splits. After all, this is the same film studio that decided a two part adaptation of "Allegiant" was a good idea until it blew up spectacularly in their face.

This is Lionsgate. They have a history of milking franchises with unnecessary narrative splits. After all, this is the same film studio that decided a two part adaptation of "Allegiant" was a good idea until it blew up spectacularly in their face.
In recent years though, they've had pretty decent success with franchises when it comes to quality. John Wick, the "Fallen" franchise, and now a new franchise in Knives out. If you're Lionsgate though, of course you milk it though. 4 of their top 5 highest grossing films are from the Hunger Games franchise.

In recent years though, they've had pretty decent success with franchises when it comes to quality. John Wick, the "Fallen" franchise, and now a new franchise in Knives out. If you're Lionsgate though, of course you milk it though. 4 of their top 5 highest grossing films are from the Hunger Games franchise.
Yes..They do pretty good with moderate budget films with the prime movie going audience (16-35 yr. olds) And they own rights to the successful Summit releases since they bought them, which also had big Box Office rings and part of their huge movie catalog that still does really really well in home entertainment sales. ..Everything always iffy with them though. They've been actively looking for a buyer for a few years now, but with their stock price in the tank, they can't sell. But if the price gets right, they will.

I mean honestly, if I’m Apple, I take a serious look at buying Lionsgate as a whole.
That would make the Lionsgate Execs. very happy. They've been trying to sell for a couple of years. They just haven't been able to get their price for the stock.

That would make the Lionsgate Execs. very happy. They've been trying to sell for a couple of years. They just haven't been able to get their price for the stock.
With Lionsgate having John Wick, Hunger
Games, Knives Out, the “Fallen” franchise, “Saw” films, Madea franchise, Sicario, The Hitman’s Bodyguard and other active franchises, it’s an enticing buy.

They also have library titles like La La Land, Twilight, 3:10 To Yuma, Vice, The Expendables, Rambo (4 & 5), Kick-Ass, Divergent, etc.