Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

Getting in/out of premier trains is like dancing with an alligator. They have the worst designed trains in the industry. I like their rides tho.
I find it to be extremely ironic that in 2001 Premier was awarded by IAAPA for their work converting the OTSR on Flight of Fear at both KD and KI to lap bars only to return to OTSR in 2020.

Getting in/out of premier trains is like dancing with an alligator. They have the worst designed trains in the industry. I like their rides tho.

Getting into a Premier last year almost caused me to twist my knee. Primarily because I didn't see how deep I had to step in from the loading area. Those cars sit way on down.

I find it to be extremely ironic that in 2001 Premier was awarded by IAAPA for their work converting the OTSR on Flight of Fear at both KD and KI to lap bars only to return to OTSR in 2020.
Mummy is a Premier and relatively easy to get into...As of late that Sky Rocket II - esque vehicle is the problem child

After following up on this ride for however long, it finally hit me that I couldn't care less about it. It's such a generic coaster. Granted, I haven't been to SW in awhile, but it's not for lack of want. Their recent additions, while good for the park, just aren't appealing to me. Mako was the last big thing that pulled me in and it's a great ride. Still haven't been on Infinity Falls or seen the Sesame Street area, but i'm not a big fan of water rides and the Sesame Street area isn't exactly aimed at me. If they ever add a dark ride to the area then count me as interested.

I am, however looking forward too the new coaster going along the Bayside Stadium area.

I live about a mile from SeaWorld and can (on quiet days) hear the sea lions and coasters. This morning while walking around my neighborhood I'm pretty sure I heard a coaster cycling. I have to think that they are at the testing phase for Ice Breaker...

I think the one positive for the SeaWorld Parks with this is they all should have new attractions opening when the parks re-open assuming they can get the testing and certifications complete.

I live about a mile from SeaWorld and can (on quiet days) hear the sea lions and coasters. This morning while walking around my neighborhood I'm pretty sure I heard a coaster cycling. I have to think that they are at the testing phase for Ice Breaker...

I think the one positive for the SeaWorld Parks with this is they all should have new attractions opening when the parks re-open assuming they can get the testing and certifications complete.
It could very well had been Ice Breaker you heard, but just like your car sitting in the driveway, rides need to be run now and again to stay tip top. Techs are probably cycling all the rides at all the parks periodically and doing safety checks through the closure.

Bio got a nice shot of Ice Breaker:

it isn't a true shuttle coaster, right? I understood it to go forward, backward, and forward to go over the top hat and the remainder of the ride. I always think of shuttle coasters such as boomerangs and similar coasters where the train goes forward through the track and then traverses the same track in reverse.

it isn't a true shuttle coaster, right? I understood it to go forward, backward, and forward to go over the top hat and the remainder of the ride. I always think of shuttle coasters such as boomerangs and similar coasters where the train goes forward through the track and then traverses the same track in reverse.

May I offer an alternative classification: Full-Circuit Shuttle Coster?

Ice Breaker had not yet been turned over to the park. All contractors working for Premier Rides were sent home before the park closed down (some to Germany). If anything is cycling, it's not Ice Breaker. The only contractors working until recently were local ones doing landscape/building construction, and they've been sent home as well.

According to Midway Mayhem, it may be a significant period of time before we see an opening. Does anyone know why that is? Is it mainly for the reason above? Perhaps international travel restrictions?

According to Midway Mayhem, it may be a significant period of time before we see an opening. Does anyone know why that is? Is it mainly for the reason above? Perhaps international travel restrictions?
A friend made it sound like Ice Breaker is the lowest SWPE 2020 Addition on the totem pole. Aside from Texas Stingray already being finished, Gwazi, Pantheon, and Emperor all seem to be trumping IB.