Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

Apparently SWE might be getting sued by Premier for missed construction payments. Not the only company doing this, as a construction contractor over in San Diego is suing as well. Take with a grain of salt.

They got an increase in their credit line early on in this. Three months of closures with expenses of $25 million a month to maintain the animals and facilities I'd guess meant prioritizing paying contractors in case closures went longer. Hopefully now that some revenue is coming back in things will work out.

Apparently SWE might be getting sued by Premier for missed construction payments. Not the only company doing this, as a construction contractor over in San Diego is suing as well. Take with a grain of salt.

I know for a fact Premier is not the only company not to be paid. If IB is really that far down the totem pole this might not open till mid-2021.

Except the fact there already was a shipment of something from Europe for the new B&M suggests the coaster has been paid for, it's just a case of when where there be money to erect it. I'd assume that contracts for a coaster are broken into parts-- money to start fabrication, money to build, money to bring it online with different contractors all coming in at different stages.

I have to wonder where the other Intamin launch coaster for BGW is in this process as well since I think they were doing some land prep before all this started.

Except the fact there already was a shipment of something from Europe for the new B&M suggests the coaster has been paid for, it's just a case of when where there be money to erect it. I'd assume that contracts for a coaster are broken into parts-- money to start fabrication, money to build, money to bring it online with different contractors all coming in at different stages.

I have to wonder where the other Intamin launch coaster for BGW is in this process as well since I think they were doing some land prep before all this started.

You don't know it's been paid for.

SeaWorld and Busch are great B&M coasters with 6 coasters in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised if they are operating on credit or have simply paid a deposit.

I know they haven't.
I'm not sure whether my surprise is warranted or if I should have known better.

Pretty much every theme park on earth would kill for their real estate portfolio - for the company to be run as poorly as it is is an absolute joke.

From SWP&E:

"“We thank our vendors for their partnership, understanding and patience during this unprecedented time. As we re-open our parks and begin to generate revenue again we are working with our vendors to complete all outstanding payments," SeaWorld Orlando spokeswoman Lori Cherry said in the statement Monday."

I'm assuming that SeaWorld has taken care of their payments now since both they and Premier posted this yesterday:

I'm guessing we'll probably see work resume in October when the new fiscal year starts.