Ice Breaker (SWO) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Ice Breaker (SWO)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not only that, but the team members currently stationed at the ride entrance are part of the ride's opening team. There's no way the park would bother hiring/transferring opening team members for an attraction they didn't plan on opening soon.

Honestly, I can see them opening the rides "quietly" with no fanfare. But I doubt they'll delay when they have park employees training.

Reactions: ParkRumors
With the coaster being fully operational (or nearly), Sea World gains nothing by letting it sit idle. At a time when parks need attendance, I don't see any of them holding off opening a new ride that is ready to go. Why go through the testing that Sea World did if there was no intention to open it?

With the coaster being fully operational (or nearly), Sea World gains nothing by letting it sit idle. At a time when parks need attendance, I don't see any of them holding off opening a new ride that is ready to go. Why go through the testing that Sea World did if there was no intention to open it?
In some ways they're pulling an Epcot

They have a food festival going on right now and they're waiting for it to be done

I see this opening way sooner than anything else though

They have a food festival going on right now and they're waiting for it to be done

Wow, that’s exciting. I’ll be there pretty soon after it opens. How much will VelociCoaster’s opening impact SW’s strategy here?

IceBreaker has always shown Spring while VelociCoaster has shown Summer (as far as I know) -- so I too would expect SW to open their coaster first.

Reactions: shiekra38

Sorry. I'm not saying that it makes no sense to wait a month or two. I'm talking about pushing a coaster into 2022 (as some suggested) that was ready to go. That seems asinine unless your whole park is shut down due to Covid. I can understand not opening as much last year to an extent although I still think that it might have made sense to get a bump last fall. To have a coaster ready to open though, and to wait an additional year, just is a waste. Regarding IG, BGT can make a big splash this year (wish it had been last year however, if wishes and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. I cannot see holding either coaster off longer than the first moment that they are allowed to open. Honestly, I would argue that it would have been a good thing to open in conjunction with the festival but can see waiting until afterward to drive some attendance.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Sorry. I'm not saying that it makes no sense to wait a month or two. I'm talking about pushing a coaster into 2022 (as some suggested) that was ready to go. That seems asinine unless your whole park is shut down due to Covid. I can understand not opening as much last year to an extent although I still think that it might have made sense to get a bump last fall. To have a coaster ready to open though, and to wait an additional year, just is a waste. Regarding IG, BGT can make a big splash this year (wish it had been last year however, if wishes and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. I cannot see holding either coaster off longer than the first moment that they are allowed to open. Honestly, I would argue that it would have been a good thing to open in conjunction with the festival but can see waiting until afterward to drive some attendance.
Oh no they aren't doing that...IB is on schedule minus a few months delay

Which for a stretched out SkyRocket II isn't that big of a deal...It will open shortly (I bet before Memorial Day)

They're supposed to turn their attention to project penguin immediately after this

Reactions: ParkRumors

Which for a stretched out SkyRocket II isn't that big of a deal...It will open shortly (I bet before Memorial Day)

They're supposed to turn their attention to project penguin immediately after this

Good. It seemed that some were suggesting thta it was being pushed or I misunderstood. Probably misunderstood.

Reactions: shiekra38

shame, I bet marketing would have loved to open IB when Vanilla Ice played SW.

In case there was still any doubt about whether or not this would be opening soon... it looks like the permitting process is wrapping up now that work is complete:

Project-Complete.jpg

Project-Complete2.jpg

Just yesterday they were granted their TCO (Temporary Certificate of Occupancy) for "Stocking and Training":
TCO-Training.jpg

And they also applied for the TCO for the ride's operation:
TCO-Operation.jpg

It looks like there's just one more Fire Inspection scheduled for tomorrow which has a very telling comment:
GUEST-USE.jpg

So assuming they can get the TCO for Operation by the end of this week or early next, there's no reason this can't soft open by end of the month.

The only permit still in progress is for a new merchandise structure which will house the on-ride photo booth - but I'd imagine they can soft open without that.

merchpermit.jpg

merch.jpg

Last edited:
Good. It seemed that some were suggesting thta it was being pushed or I misunderstood. Probably misunderstood.

Well, there was one person who kept claiming this and Iron Gwazi wouldn't open until 2022...amongst other things. Though the keyword here is "One".

Reactions: SkiBum