Idea for Confisco Grille redo | Inside Universal Forums

Idea for Confisco Grille redo

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
I think we can all agree that Confisco Grille is a shadow of what it used to be, and even when it was much better, they couldn't really get people to go in. Sooo...

What if they used a little alchemy and took the back story of Confisco, stirred in some Enchanted Tales with Belle, little Epcot Biergarten, and a heap of Adventurers Club to create "Confisco Storytellers Tavern". An all-u-can-eat Pan Mediterranean Buffet, where every 20 mins. a cast of 3 tell one of 3 different stories (each actor being the lead for one story) accompanied by a 3-4 piece band. AAs, projection mapping, and lighting/sound FX all around the room are used to illustrate and embellish the stories. It would be a lot more intimate and low key than The Adventurers Club.

IDK I think it could be cool.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that Confisco Grille is a shadow of what it used to be, and even when it was much better, they couldn't really get people to go in. Sooo...

What if they used a little alchemy and took the back story of Confisco, stirred in some Enchanted Tales with Belle, little Epcot Biergarten, and a heap of Adventurers Club to create "Confisco Storytellers Tavern". An all-u-can-eat Pan Mediterranean Buffet, where every 20 mins. a cast of 3 tell one of 3 different stories (each actor being the lead for one story) accompanied by a 3-4 piece band. AAs, projection mapping, and lighting/sound FX all around the room are used to illustrate and embellish the stories. It would be a lot more intimate and low key than The Adventurers Club.

IDK I think it could be cool.
I'm a fan, I already like the more adventurous menu choices they've made for Confisco and this would elevate it further

Reactions: Darko
If I'm going to do a sit down dinner in IOA, it's a no brainer. It's Mythos 10 out of 10 times. I'd guess most tourists think the same. and that's why Confisco, though
a very interesting format, can't compete. As long as Mythos exists in it's present form, Confisco is toast......But the buffet idea for Confisco has some merit. There's always
a segment of big eaters, where quantity matters more than quality, looking for a one price buffet. Though Universal guests are more on the younger, still in shape, slim side, compared to Disney's.
So they're not necessarily prime buffet customers.

Last edited: