If you buy an AP online, will it work on the 1st day you go? | Inside Universal Forums

If you buy an AP online, will it work on the 1st day you go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 24, 2015
Hi everyone! I am thinking of buying the Gold Pass and was wondering if bought the pass online now, would I be able to use it on the 1st day I go to the park even if its a blackout date? I was hoping to be able to go to the Grand Opening (which is blacked out on all passes) but would go anyways if they had a soft opening. Also, do you print out a paper at home then they scan it and print out the ticket at the front gate? Thanks.

-GoHawks!!!

Hi everyone! I am thinking of buying the Gold Pass and was wondering if bought the pass online now, would I be able to use it on the 1st day I go to the park even if its a blackout date? I was hoping to be able to go to the Grand Opening (which is blacked out on all passes) but would go anyways if they had a soft opening. Also, do you print out a paper at home then they scan it and print out the ticket at the front gate? Thanks.

-GoHawks!!!
Yes, I believe blackout dates do not apply on the first visit. 

Reactions: Chris and 12th Man
Agreed.  It is plain as day on the website.  On the 1st visit the blackout dates do not apply.

A nice thing Universal used to do over Disney was that even your first visit free parking was offered with the Premium Pass.  At Disney, you had to eat the first visit parking which would not be reimbursed.