Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

If You Could Move Busch Gardens Somewhere?

May 17, 2012
River Country
My family and I have been going to Busch Gardens for as long as I can remember and every time I make a trip to this park I've always thought of how It's in a bit of a rough looking area for an Amusement park.

I have family that lives all through Tampa and I've also resided there so I know It's not the worst location to have a park, but I'm sure first timers to the area would think the same as I do.

And I'm aware the park is 55 years old so the area may have been different, but still :p

What are your opinions on this?

(Also: where do you stay when you visit? My Mom booked a hotel down the street from Busch Gardens that looked fairly promising in the photos, but when we got there it wasn't anything like as advertised on the site)

Busch appeals to the locals (I share your story) it has a real laid back atmosphere where anybody can go. For me as a kid it was always a hangout place. Everybody had annual passes so I'd go to the park every Sunday to hang out for a couple hours and so do most people there. It isn't like Disney where you have to plan a while ahead it's more "wanna go to bg real quick?" And that's what I like about it. Odd location but since it's 10 minutes from my house I can't complain

Unfortunately the park evolved from where the Busch Brewery was which was not in the best part of town in the first place...I think it is an amazing park with some of the best coasters in the world...It also has the best food..

It suffers from the same situation Disneyland did back in the day, bad location..perhaps down the road Busch BLVD will be re-done..It really does rely heavily on its annual pass holders though and is more of a local park..

I agree about the location, we drove down from Orlando, and the route Google Maps took us went right through some residential areas which did seem run down, but didnt feel threatened at all.