Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ihu's Breakaway Falls Coming 2014

is the for the same slide that those leaked expansion plans were for? Looked like it was a mix of lazy rive and some half pipe slides but didnt look to be that tall.

Ok...someone (who seems to ways be negative about every park period) said this on twitter...

"I beg to differ with you @SeaWorld [HASHTAG]#Aquatica[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#nothingtaller[/HASHTAG] There are TONS of slides taller than 105' in Orlando."

Can some enlighten me on the "ton" of 100 footer slides in orlando??

Ok...someone (who seems to ways be negative about every park period) said this on twitter...

"I beg to differ with you @SeaWorld #Aquatica #nothingtaller There are TONS of slides taller than 105' in Orlando."

Can some enlighten me on the "ton" of 100 footer slides in orlando??

Lol, yeah they're definitely wrong. A quick look at the water slide database shows (http://waterslidedatabase.blogspot.com/2013/02/list-of-worlds-tallest-water-slides.html) that as of Feb 2013 Summit Plumit is the tallest free standing water slide in North America. And the only slide in FL over 100'. The only one in Orlando to come close is Slush Gusher at 90' (even though it is a triple dipper). Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or if things have changed. :cheers:

I went to the OU main page and read the article about the slide. The part that stood out to me... "Although designers haven’t shared details of the new attraction, they confirm it will be the tallest water thrill ride of its type in Orlando." Any thoughts on that snippet? What do you think by "tallest water thrill ride of its type"? Obviously there is some unknown aspect to the slide rather than a straight drop and stop. Maybe a water coaster type slide?

I didnt know Summit Plummet was the tallest free standing water slide in North America. Cant believe I've ridden it before. Did some research and found that it's the second-tallest and fastest free fall slide in the world. Cray!!!!

I went to the OU main page and read the article about the slide. The part that stood out to me... "Although designers haven’t shared details of the new attraction, they confirm it will be the tallest water thrill ride of its type in Orlando." Any thoughts on that snippet? What do you think by "tallest water thrill ride of its type"? Obviously there is some unknown aspect to the slide rather than a straight drop and stop. Maybe a water coaster type slide?
I just see it as it's a tall body slide like Summit Plumit. That's not a water coaster like the one at Typhoon Lagoon, but there sure is a hell of a lot of thrill in a 100+ drop. I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

Maybe because Aquatica is in "Orlando" while Blizzard Beach is technically in "Lake Buena Vista" or maybe even Kissimmee. They may just be trying to draw comparisons between Wet n Wild. My guess is that it's just a conniving marketing ploy.

Either that or the speculation about it being 105' (the article has no explicit facts) is off-base, and it'll be taller than 120 feet.

Maybe because Aquatica is in "Orlando" while Blizzard Beach is technically in "Lake Buena Vista" or maybe even Kissimmee. They may just be trying to draw comparisons between Wet n Wild. My guess is that it's just a conniving marketing ploy.

Either that or the speculation about it being 105' (the article has no explicit facts) is off-base, and it'll be taller than 120 feet.

That's because there is no facts other than what they provided, along with the picture of the balloon with the marker of "105'"....

Maybe a trap door slide? its only one other in orlando and it looks shorter than 105 and busch did add some at water country usa in VA!

Last edited:
Maybe because Aquatica is in "Orlando" while Blizzard Beach is technically in "Lake Buena Vista" or maybe even Kissimmee.

^ True true, I did think of it being included in the RCID, but IMHO, that seems kinda like a semantics issue to the general tourists who probably see it all as being in Orlando. Not that the general clueless tourist would know the different heights of the areas water slides anyhow haha. But good point!

What about racing, body slides at 105'. That would be a first in Orlando, ey? Could be cool but I don't think that's it because of the cost of having to build two slides.

That's because there is no facts other than what they provided, along with the picture of the balloon with the marker of "105'"....

...I'm not hating on the article. I understand there were no solid facts, just using the article as basis for that.

I hope so. Because that slide looks really good. Also, like that it might be family style, which means some of the 36" kids can get on it.

But at 105 ft? I don't know if those type of slides are feasible at that height. Also, aquatica is fairly flat so that height soul be true to ground. Imagine hauling a kid up that high...