Illumination's Super Mario Bros (2023) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Illumination's Super Mario Bros (2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll need to see some actual footage before I can get excited about Mr. Meledandri taking on that role.

I would as well but if Nintendo is doing this it seems like a big vote of confidence that they like how the Mario movie is turning out.

A bit of an update, we have a character leak by an interview with Sebastian Maniscalco (I can already hear Nintendo NDA violators coming in) revealing that he would be playing Spike in the Super Mario Bros film, as the boss above Mario and Luigi.

The interesting thing here is, this might be a full on reference to Wrecking Crew, and the character of Foreman Spike (as he has appeared more recently in the Warioware series).

A bit of an update, we have a character leak by an interview with Sebastian Maniscalco (I can already hear Nintendo NDA violators coming in) revealing that he would be playing Spike in the Super Mario Bros film, as the boss above Mario and Luigi.

The interesting thing here is, this might be a full on reference to Wrecking Crew, and the character of Foreman Spike (as he has appeared more recently in the Warioware series).

I think This is the Spike we'd see in the film. He is a playable character in the last Mario Party game, could be wrong but would put my money on this this character

I wonder who's going to voice Mario and Luigi? Would it be the same Mario style as we seen in the past Nintendo games? After all, they're very known for not having any talking parts in their games, so seeing them talk and taking part of any story would be pretty weird.

Reactions: shiekra38
Foreman Spike would certainly be cool to see return and makes a whole lot of sense as Mario and Luigi's gruff older boss. Would be interesting to bring him back like they did Pauline in Odyssey.

Red flag! This tells me that they’re going to lean heavily on comedy (not that we didn’t already suspect that given Illumination’s involvement).

Reactions: Frogki