Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not gonna lie--Mangold's a pretty solid choice.

He's been continuing to do top quality films after one and another, and with Ford v. Ferrari being as much of a success as it was, it's pretty remarkable to see him being even a candidate for taking on Indy. And especially if it's to pass it to a new director, allowing new blood in..it'd be pretty freaking exciting.

It does raise concerns again for Kathleen, but I am not as..against this.

Reactions: Nick
I'd also think trying to do post-production on "West Side Story" while doing pre-production and filming on "Indy 5" might have been a bit much, he decided.

Frank Marshall has confirmed that James will be directing Indy 5.

They should just make it a reboot now. The whole point of Indy 5 was for Spielberg and Ford to end things on a high note to atone for Crystal Skull. Now Spielberg's out of the picture and Ford can't even fly planes properly anymore.

Just give the whip to Chris Pratt and let's get some new blood in there.

They should just make it a reboot now. The whole point of Indy 5 was for Spielberg and Ford to end things on a high note to atone for Crystal Skull. Now Spielberg's out of the picture and Ford can't even fly planes properly anymore.

Spielberg is still on--just not as a director.

And if I am to guess, it'll finish off Ford's performance, and transition to a new actor for Indiana Jones, so they can Bond it up.

Spielberg is still on--just not as a director.

And if I am to guess, it'll finish off Ford's performance, and transition to a new actor for Indiana Jones, so they can Bond it up.

Producing doesn't really mean anything as far as quality, style, or vision goes. I mean, Spielberg produced Cats and the Transformers movies if you can believe that!

But my point about Ford is, he's just too old at this point. I don't mean to sound ageist, but the dude will be 78 by the time they ever get around to filming anything. How will he be expected to perform a bunch of action scenes short of using a stunt double?

I think at this point it will be an obviously aged Jones telling tales of adventure. As he talks it dissolves into visions of the past (starring Chris Pratt).

Or in other words, similar in format to Depps Lone Ranger, Little Big Man, and The Never-ending Story.

I think at this point it will be an obviously aged Jones telling tales of adventure. As he talks it dissolves into visions of the past (starring Chris Pratt).
I think they tried that already in the 90s... ;-)

This is really something that should’ve happened as soon as possible after Disney acquired LucasFilm. With Harrison Ford being 78 now, I fear we’re in for a lot of Shia LeBouf in this movie almost as the main star. It wouldn’t be believable for an almost-80 year old to be doing the things Indy does.

This is really something that should’ve happened as soon as possible after Disney acquired LucasFilm. With Harrison Ford being 78 now, I fear we’re in for a lot of Shia LeBouf in this movie almost as the main star. It wouldn’t be believable for an almost-80 year old to be doing the things Indy does.

Um, I would suggest that we're not in for any Shia Lebouf at all, after today's news.

Um, I would suggest that we're not in for any Shia Lebouf at all, after today's news.
What did I miss?

EDIT: Ohhhhhh. Yikes. Well, looking at it strictly from a movie perspective, this could make for a better movie. But like, if those allegations are true, then screw Shia.

Last edited:
Reactions: RevFreako
What did I miss?

EDIT: Ohhhhhh. Yikes. Well, looking at it strictly from a movie perspective, this could make for a better movie. But like, if those allegations are true, then screw Shia.
Innocent until and all that, but "I abused everyone including myself" is pretty textbook narcissist-got-caught.

Yeah, probably. They’ll probably be looking to set up a spin-off around whatever new character is brought in so they can continue the franchise.

Also, with Uncharted coming out with Tom Holland this summer, I think that makes this movie even less appealing as Uncharted will probably be more of an Indy movie than Indy 5 will.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean, there will never be a substitute for Harrison Ford as Indy. Disney can try to spin off, and other studios can try to capture some of the flavor, but Ford's Indy will never be topped in terms of a pulp adventure hero.

Reactions: SeventyOne