Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, there will never be a substitute for Harrison Ford as Indy. Disney can try to spin off, and other studios can try to capture some of the flavor, but Ford's Indy will never be topped in terms of a pulp adventure hero.
Not the original trilogy of films, but you can easily top a 78-year old Indy.

If I had to pick someone, I think i'd like to see Ansel Egort, who I STILL think should've been cast as Han Solo in Solo, although it's probably best for his career that he avoided that.

ansel-elgort.jpg

If it's going to be a female, there's so many potential people it's really hard to pick, but Hailee Steinfeld would be a good choice.

If I had to pick someone, I think i'd like to see Ansel Egort, who I STILL think should've been cast as Han Solo in Solo, although it's probably best for his career that he avoided that.

ansel-elgort.jpg

If it's going to be a female, there's so many potential people it's really hard to pick, but Hailee Steinfeld would be a good choice.
Yes he is fine

I also like him for the part

Also, Indy having a daughter instead would be very interesting a bring a different energy to the series

Last edited:
Steinfeld's great, but she's already doing the "young protege" thing with the HAWKEYE show.

I still maintain that Disney's smartest play would be to take a page (read: steal) from THE GODFATHER PART II -- have an interwoven storyline featuring old Indy and young Indy. This way you can ease audiences into a recast Indiana circa the 1930s, and still give Ford a send-off.

Steinfeld's great, but she's already doing the "young protege" thing with the HAWKEYE show.

I still maintain that Disney's smartest play would be to take a page (read: steal) from THE GODFATHER PART II -- have an interwoven storyline featuring old Indy and young Indy. This way you can ease audiences into a recast Indiana circa the 1930s, and still give Ford a send-off.
There's plenty of females I can think of for that type of a role. I'm assuming the person won't be related to him, so it doesn't need to be a white woman either, so maybe someone like Zendaya?

What?! That’s an amazing casting choice.

I kind of hope they steer away from paternal story lines. Why can’t he just be a mentor? Also, does this indicate the plot will be set in the 60s?

I'm glad Mangold is writing this script (he wrote Logan) as not only that, but the casting so far gives me hope that these new characters should be pretty interesting. And let's be honest, since Disney is probably going to want to do a Disney+ spin-off show or movie at some point, we've gotta have interesting characters to do that with.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm going to love this film..a great writer and a good cast.

Hope it lines up as good as the first three films

There is 0 chance this will be good, but I'm glad Mads is getting a bunch of "Ill conceived sequel" paychecks from this and the Fantastic Beasts franchises.
I mean, there's zero chance it lives up to the original trilogy, sure. But if the right story is written, the movie could be good. I don't know if it'll be a good *Indy* movie as I can see them sort of writing him out of a lot of it or showing him as the grizzled old Indy that he is, but it could easily still be good.

I mean, there's zero chance it lives up to the original trilogy, sure. But if the write story is written, the movie could be good. I don't know if it'll be a good *Indy* movie as I can see them sort of writing him out of a lot of it, but it could easily still be good.
I mean, if it's not a good *Indy* movie, why make it? It's an ill conceiver project, and as someone who isn't a fan of Mangold's preferred tone, I don't expect much.

There is 0 chance this will be good, but I'm glad Mads is getting a bunch of "Ill conceived sequel" paychecks from this and the Fantastic Beasts franchises.
Just like Dr Sleep and Blade Runner 2099.....just crap films

Its literally impossible with a good writer to make a reboot sequel

I mean, if it's not a good *Indy* movie, why make it? It's an ill conceiver project, and as someone who isn't a fan of Mangold's preferred tone, I don't expect much.
Of course it's ill-conceived. Harrison Ford is 78 going on 79. If they start production this summer like they supposedly want to (i'm skeptical) Harrison Ford will be roughly 7-8 years older during the filming of this film than he was during the filming of The Force Awakens, which is crazy to think about considering TFA still seems fairly recent.

All this is about is money and probably hoping to find a way to keep the franchise going post-Ford.

Neither of those are franchises dependent on the movie star at their helm. The Indiana Jones franchise lives and breathes on peak action star Harrison Ford energy. Without that I don't know what we're doing here.
Ever play uncharted?

They will get some hero and they go on adventures. Sure they also learned alot from Mando and even MCU on what fans what when a star leaves or you focus on a new hero