Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Neither of those are franchises dependent on the movie star at their helm. The Indiana Jones franchise lives and breathes on peak action star Harrison Ford energy. Without that I don't know what we're doing here.
One thing Ford has going for him is he doesn't actually look his age at all. So even if he can't physically do a lot of the stunts, I think they could make it believable via a lot of stunt double usage that this Indy would be able to do certain things. They could also play on how he's NOT able to do some of those same things anymore. Of course then people would cry and say they're doing the same thing to him that they did to Luke and showing him as weak when in fact everyone grows older and everyone changes with age.

One thing Ford has going for him is he doesn't actually look his age at all. So even if he can't physically do a lot of the stunts, I think they could make it believable via a lot of stunt double usage that this Indy would be able to do certain things. They could also play on how he's NOT able to do some of those same things anymore. Of course then people would cry and say they're doing the same thing to him that they did to Luke and showing him as weak when in fact everyone grows older and everyone changes with age.
I mean they also did some of that stuff in Crystal Skull...to not great effect.

Also, as much as I love Harrison, dude has been largely phoning it in nearly every recent performance.

I'll allow people to be wrong

But just be prepared to eat your words...they brought star wars back after the sequels they can make this work even if the last filmed sucked

Re: Ford's age, I'm expecting a lot of vehicular chases, and not too much in the way of fisticuffs. I think he'll be convincing enough, and he loves playing Indy (far more than any other role), so he'll give it everything he can.

As far as Disney's plans go, if they think there's going to be much of an audience for a non-Indy spin-off... they're taking a gamble. RAIDERS is among my five favorite films, I love the series. But I'm not watching spinoffs. THE MUMMY, THE SHADOW, THE PHANTOM, THE ROCKETEER, and things of that nature already covered the "counterfeit INDY but still pretty fun!" thing; we don't need to see that happen in the official continuity.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean they also did some of that stuff in Crystal Skull...to not great effect.

Also, as much as I love Harrison, dude has been largely phoning it in nearly every recent performance.
We all know Crystal Skull doesn't count. The only reason I have any hope for this movie is it's not being written by Lucas, it's being written by Mangold, which is a huge upgrade. And tbh, someone besides Spielberg directing may inject something fresh into the IP.

I'm not expecting anything great here and tbh, i'm expecting the closest we get to an Indy movie in 2022 to be Uncharted.

Reactions: tielo
We all know Crystal Skull doesn't count. The only reason I have any hope for this movie is it's not being written by Lucas, it's being written by Mangold, which is a huge upgrade. And tbh, someone besides Spielberg directing may inject something fresh into the IP.

Yea I just have little interest in what I assume Mangold will bring to the product. haha

Star Wars was never gone outside of the minds of whiny online fans.

And the two film series are just not analogous
Star Wars had two bad movies series

Prequels writing sucked and the Sequels had no plans

Tell me anyone who even talks about the sequels now? Who cares about what happens to Rey Or Fin...ohhh wait its Mando and Gorgo who people are interested in

So yeah it might have made some money at the box office but it was deadddddd, no one wanted to talk about the films unless it was crapping on them

Point still is any movie can be good, it might suck but saying it has no chance is just wrong. The Muppets had a good sequel after its creator passed, people like Cobra Kai and have not heard bad things about the Mighty Ducks so it can be done