Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Refurb

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Well as Briman and I just found out, Indy will be down for a four month refurb starting September 4th through December 7th.

Damn it!

Yeah I just heard the news. Our DLR days of our trip was suppose to be Dec 4-6. Thank goodness I havn't booked anything yet. Looks like we are likely gonna go to Southern California a week later instead.

:p Nanny nanny boo boo, I'll be there on Monday, I'll tell you guys how it was :lol::cheers:

I've heard it's in rough shape so while I'm upset it's down during my visit, it's apparently very much needed.

Don't hold your breath...

I'm not. CTX did have the downtime for a few months during the transition to Dinosaur, but that's not saying the ride isn't in rough shape. Most rides with individually moving cars/trains usually have one in cyclical maintenance and Dinosaur is no exception, but that doesn't mean the cars aren't getting rough/old/out of shape.

first visit there with my family... and it'll be closed.. again, i understand the refurb, but a little more heads up woulda been nice.

Luckily I didn't purchase my flights. Might have to postpone my trip for next year.

first visit there with my family... and it'll be closed.. again, i understand the refurb, but a little more heads up woulda been nice.

While I wouldn't of postponed my vacation since it goes through December, I have to agree a better heads would of been appreciated.

While I wouldn't of postponed my vacation since it goes through December, I have to agree a better heads would of been appreciated.

Yeah especially since it was third time changing weeks trying to get into the villas at gc. But we got it!! First time staying on property too!

Well, you guys discuss that Uni doesn't tell what is going on with the new potter so that people don't put off their trips. This is exactly what Disney has done, yet they at least gave you a months heads up. They don't want you to cancel.

Well, you guys discuss that Uni doesn't tell what is going on with the new potter so that people don't put off their trips. This is exactly what Disney has done, yet they at least gave you a months heads up. They don't want you to cancel.

It's weird that ioa is one of my favorite parks in fact port of entry is one of my very favorite places of any park and yet I couldn't name any ride at uni that I would be sad about if it was closed on our trip yet I could name many Disney rides I would be sad about.

Not sure what that means really.. Maybe I just love ioa for the well themed lands not necessarily the rides. And the more I think about it I guess I used to be sad if dragons was down which just means I'm getting old I guess :( :)

I've heard it's in rough shape so while I'm upset it's down during my visit, it's apparently very much needed.

Apparently the boulder scene isn't even working. Kind of ruins probably a big time moment of the ride and wouldn't be nearly as much fun to experience without it.