Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Infinity Falls will be Sea World's major attraction for the 2018 season. It will be a River Rafting Ride.

Infinity Falls River Rapids Ride coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Summer 2018 – Orlando United

Official Description:

Rush the rapids on SeaWorld’s all-new river ride Infinity Falls coming Summer 2018.

Climb aboard your raft for a journey of discovery down this lost jungle river. Wind your way around soaking fountains and waterfalls as you pass the remains of an ancient civilization. Hang on as the roaring world class rapids send you flying through chutes before you plunge down the tallest drop of its kind into churning whitewater. Your adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation.

Quick Bits:
  • Ride will be built on site of Sea Gardens
  • Hospitality House is staying
  • AP Member Lounge will close during construction, but will return next year "better than ever" (More details here)
  • Flamingos and Parrots get to keep their homes in the area
  • Animal Ambassador building remains (former horse stable)
  • Slated to open Summer 2018

Ride Features:
  • Approx. 4 min ride time
  • Unique elevator vertical lift
  • 40 foot drop, tallest of any rapids ride in the world
  • Class IV and V rapids
  • Takes place on a lost jungle river in the rainforests of South America
  • Scenery includes crumbling relics of a lost civilization
  • Ride will include soaking fountains, waterfalls and horizontal jets

Area Features:
  • Lush jungle atmosphere
  • Crumbling ruins
  • Harmony Village after ride exit to feature conservation based kiosks
  • Animal Ambassador meet and greets will continue in area featuring animals native to South America
Video:

Photographs of Area:

P1090822.jpg

P1090774.jpg

P1090792.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone see the resemblance between those two waterfall towers and some of the side elements of Volcano bay (particularly the roof structures)?

-reported queueless in the future (last minute so no complete at open)
-the lounge will be rebuilt themed to the new area (temporary one will exist when the current one is closed, location TBD but most likely Seafire Grille backroom)

Maybe we should combine the Alicia post with the main post.

Okay, time to start over...

Official Description:

Rush the rapids on SeaWorld’s all-new river ride Infinity Falls coming Summer 2018.

Climb aboard your raft for a journey of discovery down this lost jungle river. Wind your way around soaking fountains and waterfalls as you pass the remains of an ancient civilization. Hang on as the roaring world class rapids send you flying through chutes before you plunge down the tallest drop of its kind into churning whitewater. Your adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation.

Infinity Falls Fact Sheet:
  • Ride will be built on site of Sea Gardens
  • Hospitality House is staying
  • Unknown whether or not AP Lounge remains (but might be temporarily relocated during construction.)
  • Flamingos and Parrots get to keep their homes in the area
  • Animal Ambassador building remains (former horse stable)

Ride Features:
  • Unique elevator vertical lift
  • 40 foot drop, tallest of any rapids ride in the world
  • Takes place on a lost jungle river in the rainforests of South America
  • Scenery includes crumbling relics of a lost civilization
  • Ride will include soaking fountains, waterfalls and horizontal jets

Area Features:
  • Lush jungle atmosphere
  • Crumbling ruins
  • Harmony Village after ride exit to feature conservation based kiosks
  • Animal Ambassador meet and greets will continue in area featuring animals native to South America
Video:

Concept Art:

View attachment 4068
View attachment 4069
View attachment 4070

Photographs of Area:

P1090822.jpg

P1090774.jpg

P1090792.jpg

Screenshots of Ride Concept:

View attachment 4073

View attachment 4072

View attachment 4074

View attachment 4075

View attachment 4076

View attachment 4077

View attachment 4071

Anything I am leaving out?

Nope, you did good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-reported queueless in the future (last minute so no complete at open)
-the lounge will be rebuilt themed to the new area (temporary one will exist when the current one is closed, location TBD but most likely Seafire Grille backroom)

Maybe we should combine the Alicia post with the main post.
I was only suggesting the SeaFire grill back room as my guess. I haven't heard any word on that officially. It could literally be put anywhere. I just know there's a lot of room there.

And I posted a long recap post here already above. I can add to it as we learn more.

This just in! (My post above has been updated to include this information, plus more ride details.)

Pass Member Lounge will close during construction!

During construction of this exciting addition to our park, the Pass Member Lounge will temporarily be closed.

Jim Dean, Park President, shares more on this transition and what’s in store for you, as our loyal Pass Member.

Entire message below, from this page:

To our Pass Member Family,
During my time here as park president, I have been inspired by the passion our Pass Members have for SeaWorld Orlando. We cannot thank you enough for your support.

Today we announced an exciting new attraction coming to our park in 2018: Infinity Falls. This four minute adventure will feature class IV and V rapids and the tallest drop on a river rapids ride in the world. As part of our Annual Pass family, you will be among the very first to experience Infinity Falls before it opens to the public next summer.

As we continue to create new experiences that matter for you and your family, we often have to make changes to our existing programs and offerings. After much deliberation, we have made the tough decision to close our Pass Member Lounge during the construction of Infinity Falls. We know the lounge is a favorite Pass Member benefit and we apologize for this temporary closure. Rest assured it will open better than ever next year.

While we look ahead to 2018, I hope you will visit us many times in the coming weeks. This summer we’re bringing you more all-new and exciting opportunities than ever before. Your family will dive into a mystical underwater world with Kraken Unleashed: Virtual Reality Experience®, get closer than ever to our dolphin families at our interactive Dolphin Nursery, and dance the night away during the Electric Ocean fireworks spectacular.

Thank you for your support and understanding. Don’t forget to take advantage of the many exclusive benefits your Annual Pass provides, including priority access to each of these summer experiences. If your Pass includes Aquatica, be sure to visit the all-new Pass Member Lounge Pavilion opening at Aquatica next month.

Sincerely,
Jim Dean

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of addition SeaWorld needs to focus on - and continue to focus on for future capital investments. The last attraction that followed this model was Manta, which turned out to be one of the most beautiful, lush, integrated new coaster additions in theme park history.

If they keep the focus on making this ride feel like it's deep within a tropical rain forest with tons of plants (which is what SWP&E excels at) this ride will be a home run.

More of this and less Antarctica/Mako type projects please and thank you.

This is exactly the kind of addition SeaWorld needs to focus on - and continue to focus on for future capital investments. The last attraction that followed this model was Manta, which turned out to be one of the most beautiful, lush, integrated new coaster additions in theme park history.

If they keep the focus on making this ride feel like it's deep within a tropical rain forest with tons of plants (which is what SWP&E excels at) this ride will be a home run.

More of this and less Antarctica/Mako type projects please and thank you.

I mostly agree but I don't think they should be discouraged from Antarctica type projects. It's a world class animal exhibit, but they fell short on the ride on this occasion. Next time they might get it right.

Yay, my post has magically become the main post. Woohoo! I'm number one, I'm number one!

But now I cannot edit it. So here are some more ride stats to add:
  • 8 People per raft
  • 14 Rafts on track
  • 1520 feet of track
  • Minimum Height: 42" to ride
Oh, and splash level: Soaked.

Information from: Infinity Falls | SeaWorld Orlando

And here's concept art for Harmony Village:
Infinity Falls3_1900w.jpg

^ Oh Awesome, looks like the games pavilion that's like 30 years old is getting updated. Did they specify project boundaries with this? Those games are practically touching Shamu Stadium and Happy Harbor.

^ Oh Awesome, looks like the games pavilion that's like 30 years old is getting updated. Did they specify project boundaries with this? Those games are practically touching Shamu Stadium and Happy Harbor.
That's not this area. Those games near Happy Harbour were actually completely removed last year (or was the year before) for the Pretzel place and coffee shop expansion.

This will be hands-on learning kiosks near the BBQ Terrace restaurant building, after you exit the new ride.