Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Ah thank you. That seems relatively problematic.
I believe this is the first time Iron Gwazi has valleyed, but this does happen occasionally on coasters, especially in colder weather. I believe the temperature was in the 40s here the night before this valleyed.

I believe this is the first time Iron Gwazi has valleyed, but this does happen occasionally on coasters, especially in colder weather. I believe the temperature was in the 40s here the night before this valleyed.

I was wondering if the low temp's had anything to do with it.

I was wondering if the low temp's had anything to do with it.

More likely than not. I remember working a particularly cold night during my college days and pretty much every coaster was down. Usually chilly weather is what’s responsible for rollbacks on Kingda Ka, Top Thrill Dragster, etc.

The axel grease gets colder and thicker and the wheels slow down. Add in any wind and it can happen quite easily on just about any coaster.