Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this is a Universal heavy forum but if @Joe is prepared to make a list with peoples guesses for opening like VC, I’m game.
We already blew past my Valentines Day prediction for softs that I made back in Sept. And that wasn't a guess. That was the penciled in date at that time. Obviously things changed.

I suspect the reason for the delay is that the numbers are pretty strong now and with the limited capacity, they don't need an boost yet. They may also be waiting for a VC opening date to sort of piggieback on that hype train. There is going to be a lot of competition for the pent up travel demand this year and FL is uniquely situated to capitalize on it.

BTW, based on reservations, the slow period in Orlando ends in less than 2 weeks and doesn't let up through the end if the year. Resorts are gearing up for a busy Spring Break. More hotels will be coming online at both UOR and WDW soon.

Last edited:
For a penny-pinching organization, a new attraction needs to drive extra attendance, and not passholders showing up more often. If it isn’t going to drive extra tickets over what they could get in the summer otherwise with it just sitting there, they‘re going to hold off. It’s not just a function of opening the ride - they’d have to go spend on a big radio/billboard media buy as well.

Remember, getting UK and other driveovers from Orlando is a big part of their business. It does actually make some business sense to sit on it until those visitors are back.
All I'm saying is you can only hold off for so long, they are gonna have to open it eventually.

Patience is the only way out of this one.

I suspect the reason for the delay is that the numbers are pretty strong now and with the limited capacity, they don't need an boost yet. T

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason. If they are already hitting or are close to capacity, why open the new ride? It can't boost attendance at that point. Wait till you can have bigger crowds and need the boost.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason. If they are already hitting or are close to capacity, why open the new ride? It can't boost attendance at that point. Wait till you can have bigger crowds and need the boost.
This is what I was pretty much getting at when talking about it’s not worth it to open now. You want to get the most out of your investment and I think it would just be a giant waste for BGT to open this when they are doing well and capped.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Anticipated 2021?!?
Ughhh, I thought we were almost there....

Any reason why they changed the date and left it so vague?
I think they're looking at the reality that tourism may or may not recover for a while

IG is their most anticipated expansion in a long while, so I don't fault them for opening it at just the right time

A giant meteor will hit Earth and kill us all before they open this thing.
No that will happen right before they get rid of Kidzone

Reactions: krazyhorrorkid
I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. Sure, they dropped "Spring" from their marketing, but they're still pushing it as an anticipated 2021 opening. Still plenty of year left.

Long shot but could they just do "soft openings" through out the year and have it open near the end of the year?
Sorry but I'm drawing at straws here.