Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SeaWorld has never had thematic integrity as a priority.

My point exactly--which is why I thought it was hurricane related.

(Thematic integrity is nice but if it means sacrificing an awesome coaster no thanks--see the criticism of Flying Dinosaur.)

Busch Gardens is doing an awful job promoting Iron Gwazi and throwing it under a bus. It will not open this year. It is indefinitely delayed. The anticipated opening wording is corporate cover up nonsense. It is opening in 2022. Spring 2022. Teasing a soft opening for a pointless Giraffe Bar. I demand an opening date for Iron Gwazi now or I am boycotting all future trips until further notice.

Busch Gardens is doing an awful job promoting Iron Gwazi and throwing it under a bus. It will not open this year. It is indefinitely delayed. The anticipated opening wording is corporate cover up nonsense. It is opening in 2022. Spring 2022. Teasing a soft opening for a pointless Giraffe Bar. I demand an opening date for Iron Gwazi now or I am boycotting all future trips until further notice.

It's almost like they're not backed by a hundred-billion dollar conglomerate, and like they've caught virtually every bad break imaginable the last 15 years , and therefore have pretty much everything riding on this, and therefore don't want to open while they have to reduce capacity!

Last edited:
Nice troll.

Busch Gardens is doing an awful job promoting Iron Gwazi and throwing it under a bus. It will not open this year. It is indefinitely delayed. The anticipated opening wording is corporate cover up nonsense. It is opening in 2022. Spring 2022.
I thought a hurricane was going to knock it down before then...
Teasing a soft opening for a pointless Giraffe Bar.
Yes, a pointless increase in revenue, why would they do that?

Saying "anticipated" is actually extremely smart on their part, at this point they can pull the trigger when they're ready.

Locking themselves into an opening date at this point would be a very bad idea.

As far as Giraffe Bar...Pre-Blackfish era, the parks were going through a multi-year process of beautifying areas that needed it.

My hunch was always they were preparing for a sale...but it's really here nor there.

Iron Gwazi will be opening to a park that has spent the last few years fixing itself up. They know how much weight Iron Gwazi carries and such, they're holding their cards close.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
They better open the ride this year. Or else no one would come to Busch Gardens. And Iron Gwazi would be a forgotten failure

meanwhile, spring break is happen around the US -- FL is open and folks are running from the cold -- I can't say what it is like at BGT but I do know that UoR is at capacity today as is Disney as is Sea World -- I would guess folks would default to a run to Tampa at some point (with everything else sold out) -- my guess is pent up demand this year would easily allow them to hold off into next year (as a smarter business move)

Ok, I’ll bite.

How does Iron Gwazi become a failure if it doesn’t open this year?

Only if said lack of opening is because a hurricane blew over the lift hill.

Honestly, I've seen different coasters not open on time for various reasons. Top Thrill Dragster had issues from day one and, despite that, is considered a success. Iron Vengeance had delays and issues and is still a success. While most people would love to visit and get to ride IG, its success is not dependent upon opening this particular year. People will still go because BGT has a great collection of other coasters as well as the animals. It's a great park and IG doesn't change that. It will enhance, certainly, but I can't see any way that it can be judged a success/failure by its opening this year.

I kind of wonder if the post that spurred all this was either a) Just wanting to start a discussion/argument of b) Just wanting to throw something out there to see what happens.

It is clearly opening in 2022. Busch Gardens really wants to commit a PR failure and con hundreds of passholders. Busch Gardens is probably as of now the worst theme park in America because they can’t open a stupid new ride. Iron Gwazi sucks. I better get on that ride right now or I will boycott future visits of that park until further notice.

Attachments

• C6C60B07-8EDE-4FD8-BB69-4CB3D97BBD95.png
    C6C60B07-8EDE-4FD8-BB69-4CB3D97BBD95.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 23A541E7-983C-4591-9C9C-05CF78F63C35.png
    23A541E7-983C-4591-9C9C-05CF78F63C35.png
    367 KB · Views: 36
  • Haha
Does BGT load every row like most amusement/theme parks yet?

If so, no idea why wait times are being used as a metric. Wait times like that are normal for cheetah Hunt anyways during Spring Break. Plus, if BGT is really worried about distancing, they literally have an entire field that could be used for extended queue.

The hold up is 100% one of marketing/returns from opening at this point.

It is clearly opening in 2022. Busch Gardens really wants to commit a PR failure and con hundreds of passholders. Busch Gardens is probably as of now the worst theme park in America because they can’t open a stupid new ride. Iron Gwazi sucks. I better get on that ride right now or I will boycott future visits of that park until further notice.
Edgar-Allan-Poe.jpg

Reactions: shiekra38