Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

Any updates? I don't want to say too much since I am at risk of being banned. But, hopefully we will get something. If it's 2022, so be it.
Ice Breaker is in a holding pattern rn with them constructing something next to it (most likely a gift shop)

My hunch is summer will be devoted to IB and Fall will begin the IG hype

They essentially can double dip while working around Velocicoaster

2022 feels late to me still, but I could be wrong

I feel like a preview during Howl or Scream would be something that could bring them a boost in revenue for that event if they still haven’t opened it by then. My best guess is that they will open IB and IG at different times to not steal each other’s crowd

I think they'd be dumb not to open it by mid June or early July right after VelociCoaster. If they're waiting to attract the most out of state tourists, now's the time to announce an opening date before everyone already has their trips planned, as most out of staters add a day at BGT/SWO rather than plan a trip specifically for those parks. Only the most dedicated coaster enthusiasts will likely be planning a trip specifically for Iron Gwazi, so why not attract everyone else while they're down here?

I would open on June 9th just to steal universal’s spotlight.

I think they'd be dumb not to open it by mid June or early July right after VelociCoaster. If they're waiting to attract the most out of state tourists, now's the time to announce an opening date before everyone already has their trips planned, as most out of staters add a day at BGT/SWO rather than plan a trip specifically for those parks. Only the most dedicated coaster enthusiasts will likely be planning a trip specifically for Iron Gwazi, so why not attract everyone else while they're down here?

I still don't see why holding it for October would make more sense. Aside from an influx of locals, which they could get from opening it literally whenever, what's the benefit or holding it through the busy summer vacation season? It'll still be open in October for HOS and have likely the same effect on attendance.

Honestly, I almost just don't care anymore.
It's sad but I have just grown so used to this cat and mouse game we are playing.

Them accidentally leaking a "now open" billboard at the very start of lockdown made it all the more painful.

But I'm sure once the ride opens, it will prove completely worth the wait. I'm just happy to have two incredible coasters opening here within the next year.

They’re going to need to work their behinds off to try and get that public buzz back up again before opening it up. Maybe another social media event to announce grand opening followed by a teaser campaign for pass holders to figure out where the ride will soft. Hold softs on and off for a few weeks but make it hard to get and drive the world a little crazy, and then blow your load.

Confused as to why people think it'll open in October, HOS on the weekends seems bring in more than enough crowds already
I may be doing mental gymnastics to get to Fall (and btw Fall can mean September in my eyes) but here we go

Ice Breaker will be given a slot for the back half of summer (whenever they get around to building that gift shop)

HOS will be announced at the end of summer and start selling tickets

IG will soft open maybe around Labor Day weekend and be officially opened toward the end of September

They essentially can double dip day and night attendance (not everyone is interested in HOS, but may be interested in riding IG during the day)

It's traditionally a down time, and last year it was a ghost town during the day...I'm surprised the park even opened during the day

It seems they may try and drop the reservation system here soon which would eliminate a hoop for people to jump through

BGT has a clear plate marketing-wise from there and they can tack IG onto all event ads moving forward

IDK, it could literally open in June, but they normally have a summer/spring schedule for openings historically, that is past...and I don't see them wanting to sit on IG another year...but they also don't want to canibalize their other park that's already being overshadowed by another launch coaster down the road

In a now deleted tweet, BGT posted a photo of a gator, with the caption "5/1/21. 11:00AM." As soon as TM previews are announced I will know, as I work at BGT. Hoping that means something, but I don't know if anything will come of it since it was deleted.

In a now deleted tweet, BGT posted a photo of a gator, with the caption "5/1/21. 11:00AM." As soon as TM previews are announced I will know, as I work at BGT. Hoping that means something, but I don't know if anything will come of it since it was deleted.
If you're right, ?!?!?!?

Edit: Are you talking about this? It looks fake.

It's gotta be the day after I talk s***?