Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

That poll seems wrong lol

There's a good amount of people that have IG very high if not at the top of their hype list
Meeeeeee, Iv'e been waiting for Ratatouille to come to Fl for a long time, but I got a very personal connection to Gwazi.
Every time I went to the parks with my fellow enthusiasts they always argued that Gwazi would NEVER be Rmc'ed, I held onto hope for a long long time, was really losing it the year before the announcement, but at the Tigris unveiling I had gotten my biggest wish to come true, Gwazi was going to be an RMC.

I bet February doesn't end until we have some sort of soft opening for Gwazi.

Meeeeeee, Iv'e been waiting for Ratatouille to come to Fl for a long time, but I got a very personal connection to Gwazi.
Every time I went to the parks with my fellow enthusiasts they always argued that Gwazi would NEVER be Rmc'ed, I held onto hope for a long long time, was really losing it the year before the announcement, but at the Tigris unveiling I had gotten my biggest wish to come true, Gwazi was going to be an RMC.

I bet February doesn't end until we have some sort of soft opening for Gwazi.
It has been rumored for so long that it's a huge event for a lot of people

I'm over the moon about it!

Quoting myself from last September.

@IronGwazi

source.gif
I hinted at it earlier, but I'm expecting softs around Valentines Day.

Probably something to do with that covid thing.

I'm not saying that can't be it, but something just doesn't line up.
COVID cases are on a decline and the Vaccine rollout really is going more smoothly than expected. Why not keep it the way it was, nothing too specific just "Spring". It may be something more difficult to understand or things may be getting tricky behind the scenes with unexpected conflict.

I am so confused why all of a sudden they wanna change it up when things have been better than they have been in the past few months, take advantage of this and open the coaster for Spring break.

I may just be getting impatient, but the fact they change it to "Antipated 2021" so early into 2021 is scary.

Of course the ride is done, but much like Disney with their many projects, they slowed down because there’s little tourism right now.

These parks want to get as much bang for their buck as possible with their new rides and opening mid-pandemic (and before most of the country is vaccinated) is counterproductive to that train of thought.

It is what it is.
I still am gonna call bs on the delay though, on the exterior and small peeks of the interior regarding inside info there should be no reason for it.
For a penny-pinching organization, a new attraction needs to drive extra attendance, and not passholders showing up more often. If it isn’t going to drive extra tickets over what they could get in the summer otherwise with it just sitting there, they‘re going to hold off. It’s not just a function of opening the ride - they’d have to go spend on a big radio/billboard media buy as well.

Remember, getting UK and other driveovers from Orlando is a big part of their business. It does actually make some business sense to sit on it until those visitors are back.