Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

The forum appears to be inactive. So far Busch Gardens has not even marketed the ride in their TV or radio ads. Why is it hat they are throwing it under a bus? I can understand why it has been delayed for a year.

But so far, there are no reports of ride operations, hiring, employees riding it, etc. I just feel any chances the ride opening this year is fading away.

But all is not lost yet. It is just that I have no insight from anyone working at Busch knowing about the situation.

First, you need to hire a ride ops team. And you need to train them to operate the ride system. That would usually take 2-4 weeks.

All we need to wait for is Busch to hire new recruits. When Tigris was about to open in 2 weeks, they were testing employees before the public did.

People aren't posting because there isn't anything new to discuss. No one's throwing anything under the bus, and you really need to stop characterizing it that way when the premise has no basis in fact. The reasons for the delay are extremely obvious and have been explained to you ad nauseum.

Furthermore, and I am trying to say this as respectfully as I can, you seem a bit out of your depth in terms of how rides are tested, trained, and opened.

Should also be pointed out--Pantheon is doing the same thing.

My bet gives me that we're gonna get opening dates for Pantheon, Emperor, Ice Breaker, and Iron Gwazi soon. All of them should be close too, if not completed already.

To double post--all of SeaWorld's 2021 projects, are back on the site. No changes as far as I can see; still slated for 2021 on all of them.

Might just of been something that went off on the servers.

At the park right now. How BGT hasn't buckled under the pressure and opened this thing already is beyond me. They need the capacity for sure. There's long lines spilling out onto the midways (it was like this last week too). Like, a giant ride in the front of the park would help out the lines everywhere else, make it so that it's not so unbearable. The Skyride and Rapids being open would help too. I don't get it.

At the park right now. How BGT hasn't buckled under the pressure and opened this thing already is beyond me. They need the capacity for sure. There's long lines spilling out onto the midways (it was like this last week too). Like, a giant ride in the front of the park would help out the lines everywhere else, make it so that it's not so unbearable. The Skyride and Rapids being open would help too. I don't get it.
Queues spilling into the midways is not very common at BGT, but it's becoming more frequent

Part of it is the proverbial social distancing guidelines...still though, I'm not convinced they are running their rides at near the capacity that's needed right now.

Cheetah Hunt loading two trains at once, for instance, will slash the queue majorly...and ShieKra loading two trains at once is a capacity monster

I agree that IG would be phenomenal right now (for various reasons)

Queues spilling into the midways is not very common at BGT, but it's becoming more frequent

Part of it is the proverbial social distancing guidelines...still though, I'm not convinced they are running their rides at near the capacity that's needed right now.

Cheetah Hunt loading two trains at once, for instance, will slash the queue majorly...and ShieKra loading two trains at once is a capacity monster

I agree that IG would be phenomenal right now (for various reasons)
It's funny because they're not even using half the switchbacks. They're blocked off for some reason. Open those up and the lines in the midway cease to exist.

It's funny because they're not even using half the switchbacks. They're blocked off for some reason. Open those up and the lines in the midway cease to exist.

if it is every other switch back closed, that would be social distancing when you do not have plexi glass up dividing the switch backs -- but if it is just the back half or the front half -- no clue

if it is every other switch back closed, that would be social distancing when you do not have plexi glass up dividing the switch backs -- but if it is just the back half or the front half -- no clue
It's not either. It's middle switchbacks. Like, the line will snake all around the side, but not through the middle where there's plenty of room for social distancing.

Clearly they must want to wait until they reach full capacity.